• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best Logbook Program

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you don't want to spend the money on some software, there is a website that you can log your flights on for free. It also gives you reminders about your currecny and medical.. www.logshare.com

Is free or cheap always the best option? I looked at LogShare and it has the same problem as SafeLog, you can enter data but that's it! What do you do with it now? How do you prepare for an interview? You can't print it! I hate to spend all these hours inputting data to only do it again!!!

I use FlightLevel 8.2, which I like, but haven't used any others to compare it to. I haven't tried printing from it yet, but it's great for those pesky insurance forms because of it multiple filtering options.

Even though it is the only one that I have used, I really like Logbook Pro. There is a bit of a steep leaning curve to take advantage of all of its features but, once you get it down, it is wonderful. Backing up, printing, import/exports, reports etc. have all been very easy. Not to mention that Neal is very helpful whenever there are issues. They're very attentive when it comes to customer service.

Even though it is the only one that I have used, I really like Logbook Pro. There is a bit of a steep leaning curve to take advantage of all of its features but, once you get it down, it is wonderful. Backing up, printing, import/exports etc. have all been very easy. Not to mention that Neal is very helpful whenever there are issues. They're very attentive when it comes to customer service.

Safelog...If this software could print with more flexability then it would be a great program...but there is no flexibility with moving cells around and absolutely no way to squeeze in any remarks. You can't even change the size of the font so as to squeeze in more for the remarks. One size font is all you get. I was absolutely amazed at how limited this software is when it comes to printing it out. The software is so user freindly and seems all well and good until you try to print it out....which is usually after you have spent countless hours inputing all your flight hours. Their help desk response is also a total joke...they say that there are not really any complaints but if you have a problem with the print out try exporting it into Excell so you can print it out the way you want...
If this software could print with more flexability then it would be a great program. Lets hope they step up.

How long has it been since you used Safelog?

They have already addressed some of the problems you just listed. You can now move flights up or down if they are on the same date (they've had that feature for about a year). You can add or remove cells for printing, but you cannot move them to a different place in the logbook.
You can also choose to make the remarks section from 1" to 3" wide in order to fit more words in the print out before they have to move down a line (a suggestion I submitted to them). This still only allows for about 6 words before the row gets too wide, but it's much better than before if you keep your remarks relatively short.

I agree that they need better printing options, including the ability to type more words in the remarks section, but they have improved it greatly this year. A fixed width of 3" and font that varies it's size automatically based on the length of the remark would be a nice feature.

Safelog is much better than Logbook Pro in every way except for their printing options. It's better looking on screen, it's easier to use, and it has more functionality.

One major detractor against Safelog is that they are now enforcing their 3 year license limits; you purchase the software and it is only good for 3 years. After that, you have to pay to extend the license from 1-10 additional years. I don't know if Logbook Pro has this policy too or not. But Safelog you can put on more than one computer without paying extra if you get another computer.

Last edited:
Logbook Pro. For 6 or so years now the support has been nothing short of superb and I've been able to upgrade to every single version for free.

I also see nothing wrong with buying a product that supports this website that you use to assist in your career.

Anyone know of any discounts for Logbook Pro and APDL suite? I would like to convert but $159.90 for the suite seems a little bit pricey seeing I've been using a pen and paper for 20 years and it hasn't cost me a dime.

Latest resources

Back