Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fly-IN Community

THUNDERBIRD AIRPARK! Crecent City, Fl.
I don't know if your planning on hitting up any grass strips but if so, this is the place to go. Ive Sauls, Wife and two daughtrers <-;) live on the strip and have an immaculent guest house at an incredible rate. The place is surrounded by lakes too, if you care to drop a worm. 2FA5

OK, I will definitely second Napa in Northern CA (APC) and First Flight Airport (FFA) in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Both are awesome places, especially in the summer.

Stephanie

UT-Wyoming

Most scenic land I have ever flown over (no jabs now, I haven't been that far out of here...) has got to be the trip from Salt Lake City to Jackson, Wyoming. Over Bear Lake on the way, then into Grand Teton territory. Overwhelming mountain scenery.

Oh, and Jackson seems to have a lot of wind no matter when you arrive, so watch the AWOS...

Nothing great at the A/P, but get into town somehow (renting a car is cheaper than a cab--go figure), and there are plenty of great places along the main drag (Mangy Moose, etc.).

two great airport restaurants are:

Schuamburg, IL (06C) - closest airport to ORD and has a super friendly staff, the lady there, forget her name but everyone knows her, came out personally to chock my plane when my i took my mom and sister up there for lunch. Pilot Petes is the restaurant and is really nice. great bar there(if you aren't heading back out later) and the atmosphere is cool. the food is incredible (esp. for a FBO!) and it attracts alot of people from the area. i've also been there twice just driving the 1/2 hour up there. there are big glass windows that allow a great view of the ramp and runway. also, in the summertime if you fly in during the evening, the Schaumburg Flyers field is about 1/2 mi from one of the ends of the runway, so you turn final right over the stadium. great place

Eagle Creek, IN (EYE) - right near IND, really nice restaurant. pretty upscale place with dinner prices 15-20 bucks. there was a live jazz band when i was there, and there is a big deck overlooking the reservoir that looks like it would be nice in the summer. it is right across the street from the FBO, so its about a 200 yd walk from the ramp.

3U2 Johnson Creek fun place to camp........fun approach over Yellow Pine unless you're into tight, steep approaches in the same valley as the strip.

EUL Caldwell.......easy to get into and out of. Good breakfast at the restaurant on the west end of the airport. Get the ham with your food, it's a meal all by itself.

WVI Watsonville.....partial to it, it's my home airport. Zuniga's has good food. Just down the street from the City FBO is a mexican bakery called Hector's. Burrito's the size of your bicep. Ecclectic group of aircraft based on the field, and a good antique fly-in Memorial Day weekend.

AF:p

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back