Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotviolin

God, your sky is so big;
Looking to add another plane, and the boss want something that is cheap to aquire and to operate. Normal legs around 700 miles. We are looking at a CJ1. How about the BeechJet, SII, Jew Canoe? We want something that has a good cockpit. Any thoughts?

Ok I'll ask, what is a Jew Canoe? Jet Commander Maybe? And how did it get that name? -kingaira90

I'll throw one in since I only asked a question last post. A lear 35, handle much longer legs and can be found for well under 3mil, Although the Cockpit is far from comfortable for pilots larger than 5'2" and a buck ten. Also a Falcon 20 with the Garrett conversion. Or for really cheap a DA-20 with the 700's. Would offer more passenger room and the cockpit is bigger than the a/c you mentioned.-kingaira90

The CJ is the way to go, the airplane is great for shorter legs and it is so much fun to fly. Good performance and it sips gas. About $700 hr to operate

I know where there's a nicely equipped Lear 35 coming on the market for around $2.0M - $2.2M in the next couple of months...

kingaira90 said:
Ok I'll ask, what is a Jew Canoe? Jet Commander Maybe? And how did it get that name? -kingaira90

Made in Isreal ... cannot forget Yom Kipper Clipper

Few them for about 800 hours. Decent airplane. Do not have to tell you that it is as ugly as sin. Lands like it looks, but can do a west-east trans cross without a lot of effort. Not too complicated and very reliable. Kinda like a fat chick.

You can get what you want without having to compromise yourself too much ... unless you are into looks.

Latest resources

Back