• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Best Laugh Since The Furlough...

SMOE

One Lucky Bastard
Total Time
10000+
Ad pops up today on Climbto350 for Family Airlines for 74 CAs and FOs.

After the bit about 'ultra low-fares' it gets even better:

"If you have the ability to sustain yourself on little or no compensation during our certification process, this may be your once in a lifetime opportunity."

ROFLMAO :laugh:

340drvr

Total Time
WTF? just read the full climbto350 posting.........you're right, this one has to be top of the list. Does anyone else smell Liberian e-mail identity theft scam?

avbug

Total Time
n/a
Sixty nine dollar fares using classic 747's between LAX and LAS...hmmm.

Hard enough to make that work out with smaller, more efficient aircraft...but domestic short-haul routes in older 747's. For such an ambitious scheme, they've been keeping it quite a secret.

FurloughedAgain

Cabin Heating & Air Tech.
Total Time
10000+
Another Legacy Airlines scam... Padre, is that you? Do you still have an office in Utica?

340drvr

Total Time
Sixty nine dollar fares using classic 747's between LAX and LAS...hmmm.

Hard enough to make that work out with smaller, more efficient aircraft...but domestic short-haul routes in older 747's. For such an ambitious scheme, they've been keeping it quite a secret.

I know.......they've got a few 74- fuselages from the boneyard, and they've strapped them to a flat-bed semi or rail car! They didn't say they'd go Vegas-to-LA airborne.

avbug

Total Time
n/a
I'd like to see that.

We can't call them "stewardesses" any more, and in that case they're not really flight attendants...so what's left?

Probably pull over at the Flying J truck stop and let everybody serve themselves.

Mmmm...day old burritos...

FurloughedAgain

Cabin Heating & Air Tech.
Total Time
10000+
Had heard that Padre did some jail time.:beer:

Seriously? That's legendary.

I still can't believe how many of us flew up to Syracuse to listen to that snake-oil salesman...

Just goes to show you how desperate we were in the post-furlough year following 9/11.

Capt1124

Total Time
Family Airlines has been in the start up phase for at least ten years, maybe longer.

DC8-PFE

Total Time
??????
I think a little longer than 10 years, before my flying days, when I was a mechanic at a heavy repair station in California. We actually had a 747 for Family Airlines. We even painted it, right before it was repo'd. I remember they were trying to hire mechanics for the airline. That was around 1993 or so.