• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best Helicopter of all time?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ahhh... no way. Crash Hawk takes out too many Stop Signs in brown out landings in the desert!

Been there seen that. Seems like in the the Hawk those events are more easily survived than some other frames. Don't know if I would blame the aircraft. I have landed in a lot of sand around the world in different helicopters and never had more or less trouble in a Hawk. PVS-5's really sucked in the dirt but not the Hawk. I was truly grateful for ANVIS.

I flew them through the lawn dart phase; had a lot of love for them even then.

I have an affection for the Huey but never cared much for the Cobra. I flew the F model but the Vietnam vets I served with tell me the G model would have been a better experience. I'm sure the W model is superior.

BV-107? That whistling S-can?

Been there seen that. Seems like in the the Hawk those events are more easily survived than some other frames. Don't know if I would blame the aircraft. I have landed in a lot of sand around the world in different helicopters and never had more or less trouble in a Hawk. PVS-5's really sucked in the dirt but not the Hawk. I was truly grateful for ANVIS.

I flew them through the lawn dart phase; had a lot of love for them even then.

I have an affection for the Huey but never cared much for the Cobra. I flew the F model but the Vietnam vets I served with tell me the G model would have been a better experience. I'm sure the W model is superior.

Nice post! Thanks!

Ch47!

UH-1 (plus more characters to make the post long enough)

I'm with you. As long as you don't need to go faster than 120 knots the Huey is the best. Loved the UH-1N in the Marine Corps. I would love to fly on of those new UH-1Y's they have now, but I would probably crash since I haven't flown a helicopter in years.

http://defense-update.com/covers/cover_large/huey.jpg

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/attachments/naval-forces/15410d1248725609-18-billion-game-uh1y.jpg

Latest resources

Back