• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best Helicopter of all time?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does that make them smaller? The special ops airframes (E+G) are the same as the slicks, only heavier with the extra gadgets. Granted, at night it's real nice to have a flir on the flight path vector and a terrain following radar with climb/dive cue. But in the day VMC there's no difference.

Quite frankly, they're more maneuverable than the H-53 (which is only slightly smaller). It's fairly irritating when you're flying the H-53 in formation with them. And on that note:

I'd like to nominate the MH-53J/M as the best helicopter in the museums.

It is too big for any ops but at least the Special ops guys fly it at Tree top or lower altitudes >> giving them the best chance for survival against anti aircraft weapons.

I believe there is a saying in the army; the last guy who flies the uh60 to the boneyard will be flown back in a Huey!!!!

Here's what I have flown....
TH55, UH1, OH58, BH206B L1L3, AS350, AS355, OH6 MD500, AH1, AH64, CH47, A109, S76.

Here are the winners, strictly from a flying perspective.

A109 is one of the smoothest, fastest and small IFR helicopters around. The damned thing when tracked properly is like glass. SUPER SUPER stable in IFR conditions. Excellent SPIFR machine.

CH47, power power power, versatility versatility versatility. Truly the only helicopter I've ever flown that no matter what you put in or under it it will get it off the ground. Absolutely a blast to fly fast and low in, almost as maneuverable as the 64. Seriously this baby can rock and roll, then drive around the like.

Stopped flying helicopters over 10 years ago and would love to fly a couple of the newer models to see how they've improved.

Here's what I have flown....
TH55, UH1, OH58, BH206B L1L3, AS350, AS355, OH6 MD500, AH1, AH64, CH47, A109, S76.

Here are the winners, strictly from a flying perspective.

A109 is one of the smoothest, fastest and small IFR helicopters around. The damned thing when tracked properly is like glass. SUPER SUPER stable in IFR conditions. Excellent SPIFR machine.

CH47, power power power, versatility versatility versatility. Truly the only helicopter I've ever flown that no matter what you put in or under it it will get it off the ground. Absolutely a blast to fly fast and low in, almost as maneuverable as the 64. Seriously this baby can rock and roll, then drive around the like.

Stopped flying helicopters over 10 years ago and would love to fly a couple of the newer models to see how they've improved.

Very Impressive Fleet there!

Latest resources

Back