• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best Headsets out there?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The canal tips feel just like wearing earplugs. The longest I've worn them so far is 2.2, so I really don't know how they'd feel after a full day, but after 2.2 I didn't even notice them being there.
I bet they're like every other headset- different brands work for different people. If you want to test them out, buy them a week or so before you know you're doing a lot of long flights. Then you'd get the best idea if they'll work & if you don't like 'em you can get your money back (30 day return policy).
A few people in older threads about it said they are relatively more comfortable the longer the flight b/c you don't have the headclamp factor going on, plus there's no extra 14oz or whatever pulling on your head the whole time.

Bose is best!

If you can afford it, Bose aviation headsets are the best on the market.

Its nice when companies stand behind their product. Great examples of those companies include Bose, Lightspeed, and David Clark. One headset absolutely to stay away from is the FlightCom products, particularly Denali. In my opinion, their technology (NR) is old and from my experience the company does NOT stand behind their product and when you think they might... whatever is wrong with your headset is not covered by the warranty.

FlightCom = BAD

Lightspeed, Bose, David Clark = Good

Have a Bose Series II ANR and a LightSpeed 20G. The both the noise cancelling and the comfort level is better with the Bose. The only down side is that they don't sell the Series II any more, and the X's are pretty expensive, although I got my II for free.

If and when I buy another headset, it'll either be a Clark ANR or PNR. I've tried out the Clarks and they just seem to fit my head the best.

-Goose

We've had Lightspeeds in the 185 for the past five years. They have performed well and Lightspeed upgraded some of the hardware for free within days (great customer service). Very comfortable, even with some 6.5 to 8.0 hour days. I'd buy them again.

Latest resources

Back