Best headset for ipod use?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That means "no".

You probably wouldn't like to meet the XXX 757 crew I jumpseated with who had both takeoff and landing songs using a speaker you plug ipods into. He told me hes done this for years and swears that it makes his landings better.

You probably wouldn't like to meet the XXX 757 crew I jumpseated with who had both takeoff and landing songs using a speaker you plug ipods into. He told me hes done this for years and swears that it makes his landings better.

I don't have a problem with that at all...but I'm sure an FAA inspector would.

There are two types of pilots....cool ones and those who would say something like that.

Oh noes! I'm uncool because I think there's a growing segment of pilots (mainly regional, some otherwise) that simply cannot live for two or three hours without their Fall Out Boy! Whatever am I to do???

I have had LightSpeed for years and love it...Their customer support is awsome and the sound quality is the best.....

Good 'ol Dave Clarks work great. You just put the ear bud in under the headset and turn the radio up.

If you want an adapter to be able to plug anything with a 1/8" mic jack into the jumpseat intercom, send me a PM. I will make a new batch if I get enough interest. They are $20. Don't be fooled by the ones you can buy from sporty's and such, they only produce sound in one of your earpieces, which is very annoying.

If you want an adapter to be able to plug anything with a 1/8" mic jack into the jumpseat intercom, send me a PM. I will make a new batch if I get enough interest. They are $20. Don't be fooled by the ones you can buy from sporty's and such, they only produce sound in one of your earpieces, which is very annoying.

Yeah that might be a good way to go however I am scared it will come over the CVR...So even if something small happens and they pull the tapes you might have some more explaining to do.....Think I would rather stick to a set up that you can plug in directly to your ANR box....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back