• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best Flight Simulator

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I usually buy the previous version of MSFS when a new one comes out. The price has come down and there's usually some sort of rebate. It is easier to add planes and scenery to MSFS and the some of the add-ons are very well made. X-plane is alright once you figure the menus out. Flight Unlimited is fun but it's only day VMC. I do like the miracle key, though.

If you want to play a GAME....go give your money to microsoft.
If you want realistic, and a challange, load up X-Plane.

Dash8 said:
I tried xplane a few years ago, could never get it to work.

never cared for 'uncle bill' or his flight sim, too unrealistic and hardware demanding.

had the original 'flight unlimited' excellent excellent program, aircraft flew beautifully, graphics were cool, but it's old now, but it had a place i've actually flown at, sedona az. supposedly they used actual fluid dymanimcs computations to determine the movement of air around the aircraft and the input of control surfaces, boy could you through that extra around the sky like crazy

i haven't really looked at any sims in years so i don't know if there's a newer version of it

I always enjoyed the Flight Unlimited Series, unfortunately they went under several years ago. There are two more titles in the series, Flight Unlimited II and FUIII. III is basically a more indepth II. They model the SFO and SEA areas, with a few more airports (JAC) being one of them. I've long considered their ATC and weather to be superior to Microsoft, although I have yet to try 2004. They are a lot of fun, and the damage rendering is great. If you stress the airframe, a wing breaks off and you continue to "fly" it into the ground, unlike microsoft that when you crash you're done. It's good, graphics are good, and because of it's age not terribly hardware intensive. I don't know where you could find it anymore...but it's worth looking up.

I personally have both fs2004 and X and IMHO 2004 edges out X...

But I also have MegaScenery
for Southern Cali and FSMeteo addons. 2004 + those two addons just kick major boootah. Click the first link for the review of megascenery and you'll see what I'm talking about, as for fsmeteo it makes 2004's weather system 100x better. Nothing like shooting an ILS run in a 737 to KSFO in 0 vis. (I love that approach)

Dont forget what Project Magenta guys are up to with 2004 also. Those guys are comming up with some great stuff.

I just bought FS 2004, and can't figure some things out. For example, fly the Baron, shut down an engine, and add full power to the operating engine. Notice anything strange? Such as the exceptionally little rudder necessary to keep the thing straight? Now start pitching up, and watch in amazement as you decelerate below red line, yet everything is well under control. In fact, feel free to make a nice steep turn into the dead engine. No problem! I did this all at about 2000'.

Now, I have all settings on the most realistic possible, and even tried changing my rudder sensitivity to the lowest setting. What's the deal here? Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing?

no the flight dynamics for the baron suck, I think i saw on avsim.com an updated one for it.

I dont touch the GA much, and use 727's 37 47, A330 CRJ's etc... More often.

OH and for you combat guys out there check out the new one coming out soon

Lock On

Latest resources

Back