Best flight schools?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JediNein said:
Flight Safety is not cheap... Over $44K for a commercial multi IFR. If you make it in the min times they post.

Make sure your friend budgets extra.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

You know not of which you speak. I came in UNDERBUDGET. Most of the folks in my class did.

Chunk

PS--You're right though, FSI isn't cheap.

FSI budgeting

Chunk said:
I came in UNDERBUDGET. Most of the folks in my class did.
But there are those who end up paying more than what was quoted to them. In all fairness, the language barrier may be a factor for many of them. I recall one non-Alitalia Italian student who was on the verge of being booted. He had taken a three-week quickie English course before coming over the Florida for his training. It took him longer and he required some counseling, but he got through. In fact, he asked for referrals to a Citation type provider. I sent him to Mike Pappas, from whom I got my type. I was concerned about the language problem, but, according to Mike, the student got his type (at about 300 hours) and did fine.

I had another non-Alitalia Italian student. I was something like his second or third instructor. There might have been a language barrier, and a stubborn streak as well. He had trouble with holding. He drew a particularly tough stage check pilot and he struggled. But instead of outright busting him on his oral she gave him a time out, and he passed. Last I heard this individual became an instructor and stayed in Florida.

Then for a time I had another fellow from Portugal. His English was fine. He had ability. He was a screwoff. He paid more, but made it through.

FSI is an intense program and requires discipline. Just like any school, if you study, prepare well for class and flights, and accept the discipline your instructor might impose, you'll finish on time.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back