• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best exaust stain remover?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I find that Jeeny Mcarthy's mouth works just find to remove stains and most chrome from a trailer hitch

Powerfoam from Jetstream Aircraft Cleaning Products. The best I've found.
www.jetstreamproducts.com

Once the stain is impregnated in the paint, no topical product will remove it. For something abraisive I use Aeromagnolia dry wash.

Last edited:
The two of you should not be allowed around airplanes unsupervised. CastorOil Super Clean and Simple Green are extremely corrosive and should not be used around airplanes. Both of these products tell you right on the bottle not to use on aluminum.

Well the bottle I have states it is specially for aircraft. Maybe that is the one the guy is using, dont be so quick to jump on him

The Army did a study on simply green and it was proven to be corrosive because it traps in moisture, I've never heard of simply green for aircraft though so maybe they have made some changes.

You are not putting it on the aluminum, you are putting it on the paint unless the paint is missing or its a polished bird.
However it is correct about the military study, it does corrode aluminum, in fact if you go to the faqs on the simplegreen site it says (at bottom):
http://consumer.simplegreen.com/cons_prod_fam.php
Prudence suggests using something else. (And she is usually right!)
or I have used Softscrub, its a polish/cleaner for porcelain surfaces, and
Barkeepers Friend, used to clean those smooth-top ranges (the ones with no visible elements)
From the Simple Green website:

Aircraft Cleaning with Simple Green or Crystal Simple Green
Many private and commercial aircraft owners and operators have cleaned their craft with All-Purpose Simple Green or Crystal Simple Green® for many years. However, these products do not have Mil-Prf (military testing) authority. The testing involves very long (168 hours in one test) soaking of various metals in the solution and then a corrosion inspection. If an aircraft owner only wants to use mil-prf approved products; he will not want to use Simple Green. Please see the additional information under "Aluminum".

Extreme Simple Green is approved for cleaning aircraft.

The problem with the green stuff is not that you are cleaning paint, but you can get stuff wicking under rivets, and that is a bad thing.

Extreme Simple Green is the best solution. Don't use it straight. Use it cut 50%, even though it comes in a spray bottle. For bugs, and light cleaning, cut it 10 to 1.
We sell it, and have the best prices, I think, of anyone.
www.safetyservicesinc.com/aviation/

prpjt said:
Powerfoam from Jetstream Aircraft Cleaning Products. The best I've found.
www.jetstreamproducts.com

Once the stain is impregnated in the paint, no topical product will remove it. For something abraisive I use Aeromagnolia dry wash.

I second the motion!! We use this stuff on our King Air, which does not have the fancy new-styled exhaust stacks, and it works great. Spray it on and by the time you move your other hand up to the area with a rag, it comes completely clean. And, if you're ever in Portland, stop by Flightcraft and they'll give you a can to try out.

Latest resources

Back