• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best Entry Level Medium

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any concerns on the Sabre 65 with pax thinking they are too old an aircraft? Currently flying a 1980 model C-550, so about the same era, but perceptions mean a lot.

CelticCitation said:
Any concerns on the Sabre 65 with pax thinking they are too old an aircraft? Currently flying a 1980 model C-550, so about the same era, but perceptions mean a lot.

Looked at Sabres in the past. If you are carrying women any appreciable amount, the answer is not just NO, but H-LL NO!. Women just seem to hate that step down into the cabin, especially if they are wearing dresses or skirts. Not a major deal killer in the bigger picture, but if a woman has any power over your department, I would give more consideration to something else.

Rick1128 said:
Looked at Sabres in the past. If you are carrying women any appreciable amount, the answer is not just NO, but H-LL NO!. Women just seem to hate that step down into the cabin, especially if they are wearing dresses or skirts. Not a major deal killer in the bigger picture, but if a woman has any power over your department, I would give more consideration to something else.
But just think of the comfort that they'll have in knowing that when you ditch in the Atlantic the airplane will float. :p

'Sled

Just read on another thread that VII's are going to drop in the market as Net Jets dumps them. Anyone know time frame or how many they actually are getting rid of?

You know, you really can't have it all. If you want something with a 1) decent size cabin, 2) good hot and high performance, 3) reasonable cruise performance, 4) fairly new, and 5) a cheap purchase price, it's just not gonna happen. You have to give up something.

You'll be lucky to get three of those five in one airplane. Of course, if you are willing to give up on #5 then you can get a Falcon 50 or a Citation Sovereign and have the other 4.

CelticCitation said:

A typical passenger can't tell the difference between a 1978 Citation and a new Encore off the assembly line. Question is, what do they think of the Sabre. I realize there must be compromises. That is why I ask this forum. The opinions of pilots who are flying the equipment means a lot more to me than the opinion of even the most honest salesperson. And I do thank everyone who has given an honest responce.

We flew a VII for a couple of years. Very reliable, good performer, nice handling. Sold it and flew a III for 6 months. Really missed the VII. Flying a Sovereign now and what a performer! Does everything Cessna said it would do and more.

What kind of range does the Sabre have? And isn't a VII just as much as an Astra and maintaince heavy?

Last edited:
The Sabre 65 has 2700 mile range. We have women on board and the step has not been a problem. You step up to the top step - then step down into the aircraft. I do not work for a woman, and what kind of man would let a woman complain about such petty things an the door to his corporate jet? The entry is not as nice as a Hawker, but the 65 is faster, less maintenance cost, and we don't have to put alcohol in our wings.
As far as the age - some passengers think it's a new aircraft and I don't tell them the year model unless they ask. Do they ask the age of the 727 or 737-100 when flying airlines?
If you want or need something newer then the Astra will do about everything a 65 will do and the Falcon 50 will do more, both at a higher cost.

HEADWIND

Latest resources

Back