• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best Corporate Job??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Spent a year rebuilding T-28's, and teaching father/son to fly their Yak-52 (go figure, they didn't like going upside down). Great gig, but I didn't fly enough. 200hrs a year just doesn't cut it! I do love the sound of round, though....

Went to Alaska, and found myself really enjoying the scenery out the window. But with 14 hour days of sometimes 8+ flight hours each day, it was too much flying. Go figure, some people just won't be happy, right?

Enjoyed watching the C-46's and DC-6's every day, though.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter how little you fly.. it matters more to have Plannable Days off each month..and some weekends
Of course fair pay too..

sleepy said:
#1) Pay (total compensation): Mine is around $100K after two years on the job.

#2) Benefits (all benefits): They say they are worth around another $20K.

#3 QOL (I would say schedule, hotels, expenses, vacation): I fly around 12 days a month (300 hours a year), stay in decent chain hotels, get $50 per day for food, and two weeks vacation per year. My schedule changes daily, so that is really the worst part of my job with a Fortune 50 flight department.

#4) Job Security (how long will it last): Mine seems to be very good.

I would be interested in what others on the board get in these 4 areas?

#1 about the same

#2 Benefits plus new company vehicle every 6 months incl gas & ins. I commute 90 miles each way to the airport.

#3 QOL 20 hrs flying and 10 days per month average. No limits on meal cost per day, stay mostly at Hilton etc hotels. I know my schedule for the most part 6 months in advance, have had 1 pop up trip in 2 years. Fly for a individual who treats us well.

#4 Solid as long as he doesn't get run over or die otherwise, will last me until retirement.

Last edited:
JetSpeed219 said:
How about a Challenger 300 and a Beaver on floats?

Well, I do like beaver!

1. pay: NBAA average

2. benefits: OK at best

3. QOL: Overall pretty good. No pop-ups but we have the occational 2 week trip. The only saving grace is the 2 week periods we have with no flying. While the phone is "on" I go about my life as I normally would (drink beer and go fish during the day). Hotels are fine (about 100 nights a year), food is good.

4. Job security: so long as the boss is supper rich and has a heart beat he will have a jet.

1. 85K to start, flying a Cheyenne III. 4% increase after 1 year.

2. Good insurance for me and spouse.

3. 401K with at least 4% match.

4. No hard days off but know several days in advance of trips. Take off when certain days are needed.

5. Overnights are few. Long layovers far from home have option to commercial home, or take wife along.

Overall, enjoy the gig much more than the airlines. Will like it much more if they ever move up to KingAir or Jet. Not the ultimate but no comparison to commuting and night freight.

I, for the first time in 10 years, have a great job. And the contract work on the side keeps me from going nuts.

13 hours in the last 2 months(total of 5 days @ work); full bennies that I don't pay a nickel for; unlimited expense acct. on the road; hilton brand hotels; cash bonus every month for my troubles; and I work for one of the nicest people I've ever met. To top it all off it's all legal!

Salary: Above average w/ raises
Full bennies for me, the wife, and the chitlins
Get asked if it's okay to fly somewhere (really!)
2 weeks vacation
Brand new equipment
I fly a ski resort owner, guess what that means...
He's building a Nichlaus Signature Course at the resort, guess what THAT means...
+/- 225-250 hrs annually, approx 8-10 days a month, maybe 2 overnights
Get to live in one of the prettiest places in the country
Gonna be adding a midsize jet to the fleet in the not-too-distant future
No, I don't want your resume...

Latest resources

Back