• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best Controllers I've seen

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For my limited to JAX/MIA experience its Daytona....they put up with A LOT!

Not always dealing with the brightest and the best over here...

ATL is by far the best. As long as you stay on speed, everything works out. The controllers are nice and calm. The worst are ORD, IAD, and most of the NYC airports. Worst center--Indy.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Best controllers: SoCal Approaches - LAX and SAN. Worst controllers: PHX in a rain storm, LGA and IAD.

Drill Sgt. Dad said:
IAD is the second best. that's because everyone else is tied for first.

Yep, I agree: ANYwhere else is ahead of IAD, definitely. Is IAD a training facility? Because they have the single worst controllers I've ever seen. The airport is so simple, laid out nice, can't understand why it runs like shite much of the time. At least ORD has a plausible excuse if they ran as bad as IAD. But ORD is the best by far

And why are the rampers predominately of middle eastern origin? Of all places.

BOHICAgain said:
Lets no forget out Cleveland and Indy center guys... almost all the flight go thru them and never a problem...always helpfull
climb and maintain fl230
climb and maintain fl240
contact cle center xxx.xx
climb and maintain fl250
climb and maintain fl260
climb and maintain fl270
climb and maintain fl280
climb and maintain fl290

and lets not forget, "maintain 170kts"

As a non-pilot, one thing in MSP has impressed me a few times. I'll be a passenger in a Mesaba Saab waiting for takeoff. As we pull onto the runway, I look down the runway and see one Saab just about to rotate, one Saab early in its takeoff roll, and us, just pulling into position, all on one runway.

I nominate STL back in the late 90's as the worst airport. I had more things occur at that aiport because of controller issue than I have anywhere else combined. I had a gnd controller once scream at me on the radio for his mistake and proceed to screw-up again.
Like I said once before STL was speed up---slow-down--turn left --now right -now fly up your own a$$hole

Latest resources

Back