Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Man, I miss DFW...

"Americaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnn.. taxi into position..."

You know who I'm talking about, is she still there, the one that always get's called "sir"?

I definitely I miss her...

General Lee said:
ATL is by far the best. As long as you stay on speed, everything works out. The controllers are nice and calm. The worst are ORD, IAD, and most of the NYC airports. Worst center--Indy.

ORD (Approach/Twr/Gnd, not Center!) wins this one in my book.

These guys are efficient.

Approach - 2.5-3.0 NM inbound spacing to all runways all day long (as long as center can give them the traffic fast enough to keep the machine running. And they try to work the aircraft to the runway that will allow for the fastest taxi to your gate.

Tower - launching 3 intersecting runways simultaneously, without error, I'm impressed.

Ground - These guys take the cake! One inbound and one outbound frequency. Both controllers cover the entire airport, at the same time! No extraneous conversation in when its jamming, and still a sense of humor with pilot errors. Corrections and that's the last you hear of it. And if you're familliar, you often never talk to ground, all the way to your gate. These guys even check your gate availability on the inbound in many operations... The best, period.

Dallas ground - crap, with multiple frequencies, with every controller saying ...BREAK....BREAK....BREAK... and with only 8 airplanes on freq. Those guys suck!

Dallas approach - crap! Lucky if they get better than 7 mile spacing.... so plan on going to the other side of the airport, and have a 20 minute taxi.

NY - Those guys are good!

ATL - Fair - They just can't seem to work a push without slowing down the entire east coast!

IAD - Well, outside of IND, these guys get the bottom of the barrel.

Latest resources

Back