Best alternative to Ray Bans

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

captjim

I'm look ing for a good quality alternative to Ray Ban's. Do you guys have any experience on the best one's to by that won't break the bank?:eek:

I can't guarantee that they won't break the bank but I love Serengetis

El Cid Av8or said:
I can't guarantee that they won't break the bank but I love Serengetis

I second that. I have a pair now and they are great. They are not polarized, but are photocromatic.

:D

Maui Jim's are hands down the best sunglasses, but you said you wanted something that won't break the bank.

I've got a pair of Serengeti’s that I use on the boat or other places I might lose them. Serengeti's used to be my favorite lens, until I found the MJ's, and you can find Serengeti’s at Price Club or EBay for around $40, might not be there most stylish pair but the lens is still great.

Serengeti is the best, I've tried many others they are not as
good, plus polarized glasses just won't work in a lot of "todays cockpits"

"Never leave home with out your Serengetis"

Does anyone know if Serengeti still makes clip-on lenses for those of us who still wear presccription glasses? I have one pair left and I guard them with my life!

I'll second 501261 on the Maui Jims. I have a pair of MJ Diamond Heads, best shades I've ever owned--even better than my Serengeti Harikanus.

BluBlockers

Something like $15 at Walgreen's. They really do cut the haze. Great for driving and for high-glare situations, such as snow.

Very Good Deals

Check this website out:

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/commerce/command/CategoryDisplay?cgrfnbr=24504&cgmenbr=226

they have bolle, a few serengetti and nikon and a few others for a bunch off....they are brand new and are a reputable co. I actually bought 2 pairs, a pair of polarized nikons for flying (grey) and a pair of serengettis for driving.. $300 bucks worth of glasses for $85 w/ shipping. Blue Blockers are good too though for those on a budget or those who lose/break glasses often!

Blue Skies!

Latest resources

Back