Best Airplane

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LXApilot said:
Ok... I want to hear it - make me a believer! What's the best aircraft out there in every category?
It might just be me, but I thought the Cessna Skyknight was a pretty awsome plane in the 6 passenger piston twin class. The cabin was big enough, that an agile adult male could get out of the co-pilot seat in flight and go past two passengers in the middle seats and take a seat in the rear seats without disturbing the cabin configuration or any of the passengers that much. You can't do that in a Seneca or a Barron.

It handled well and performance was pretty good. If I had the bucks, I'd buy another one tomorrow, but I'd make sure it was not one with the TSIO-470's on it.

LXApilot said:
We're talking the second fastest business jet in the skies here folks.
Don't call me folks, I don't know how to play a banjo.

LXApilot said:
Now tell me how wrong I am and how I am smoking dope.
I can't tell how you are smoking dope...this is the internet, not reality television.

Best fixed gear single- Cessna 205. Six seats with an IO-470 that would lean out to 11 gph. Handled like a '64 Chevy truck though too.

Best retract- Bonanza 33 or 36. The 33 is a fingertips airplane. Meyers 200 gets an honorable mention, but you have to manufacture your own parts anymore...

Best light twin- Baron 58

Best bush plane- Beaver. A half-ton truck that flies like a cub and was built like a dozer.

Warbird- Spitfire. What else handles, sounds and looks as nice? Bearcat may be a close second though.

Best classic- Waco UPF-7. Spartan Executive deserves mention though.

The citation III is the second fastest biz jet out there?! What are you basing that on? If it's Mmo, I gotta say, no way, no how to that one, sorry.
Falcon 10: .87...and it will do it and more.
Falcon 20: .88...but it will never do it, except maybe in a dive.
Citation X: .92...it looks like it could do it.

Latest resources

Back