Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Counselair

"He said member..."
I know I'm jumping the gun but I was very blessed and passed Phase I at JetBlue. I'm still in a state of shock! In great hopes of passing Phase II and getting a training slot, I was hoping to get a leg up. What would be and where can I get the best gouge on flying the Airbus?

Thanks in Advance,

Counselair:D :D :D

Counsel

Again, congrats.

Check out my e-mail to you with associated attachments.
Also, try airbusdriver.net or red triangle.
I'd go down with limitations memorized at least. Familiarize yourself with where things are located on the overhead panel. That'll increase your "cockpit management". There's plenty of time to learn the "Lights and Switches Guide" while you're down there, but red triangle can help with that too.

As we've discussed, it's time to spend quality time with the family and try to not count the days until your background check is complete.

Happy landings

Thanks Jointops,

You've yet to fail me so I'll continue to follow your good and gracious advice.

Counselair:D

Counselair said:
I know I'm jumping the gun but I was very blessed and passed Phase I at JetBlue. I'm still in a state of shock! In great hopes of passing Phase II and getting a training slot, I was hoping to get a leg up. What would be and where can I get the best gouge on flying the Airbus?

There is a lot of A320 gouge available but I might suggest that you not get a hemmoroid trying to "learn it all" brfore you get to MIA. Not because I want to cast a shadow on your Phase II success but more so because we stress the fact that we want you to learn the A320 the "jetBlue" way. Please don't misunderstand that term as to mean that we do it that far off from other airlines, but all of our manuals and 95% of our training syllabus is computer based. We take great pride in our initial training and the methods we have developed. Like Jointops said, knowing at least the aircraft limitations is a good thing, but make sure they are jetBlue A320 limitations, and not generic or other airline stuff. They [limitations] may be the same I don't know for sure, but you will have to know ours eventually (and a lot of other JB specific stuff) so I don't think it will be a good idea to clog your brain with too much data, if you know what I mean.

I promise you that you will get all the tools and info you can absorb with due process when you get to MIA. The best prep you can make is be emotionally and physically ready for the challenge and to keep an open mind. Most importantly, be prepared to have a good time. Our training was designed to be fun, as well as educational. Our staff there are an awesome group and will do everything possible to make your time there more than pleasant and a wonderful experience, just like the rest of the package. You'll see!!

Good luck in Phase II.

C Ya.

I would get a Honeywell manual on the FMS. Knowing that little trouble maker inside and out would be a great help. JetBlue has some Legacy but mostly Pegasus. I think Legacy is what is used in the Sim. With the knowledge of the FMS, it would be easier to apply the SOP's when you get to the Ale House, I mean Miami.

Last edited:
Airbus Study Info

You have received some good advise on this board. Most companies want you to do it their way, but that generally is in regards to procedures. You will have a great advantage if you know the Lights & Switches, Flight Control Laws, Auto Thrust and are somewhat familiar with the MCDU.

Red Triangle would be a great place to start.

Good Luck!

Thanks to all that replied. There was some great advice and I also recieved some excellent gouge through e-mail from people I haven't even met. One more reason JB is a great place to be!

Thanks Again,

Counselair:D :D :D

Latest resources

Back