• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Berry?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have an interview scheduled with Berry Aviation next week, if anyone has a gouge for them I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Last edited:
You know, Im not going to bash any company and there reputations. Ive heard alot about berry, had a few friends fly for them for a year and minus all the bantering about a/c problems, they are a great place for low timers to get lots of turbime ME time and some excellent cross country expirience. Thats great. However, I have heard many bad things about the maintenence of a/c and heard the chief pilot was a bit difficult to deal with. For all the good and bad just search out the site. All companies have good and bad. They had a dual engine flame out last year im sure which was due to ice intake but I don't want to speculate. Never got a follow up on that one. But i do know from a few pilots of many maintenence issues that were overlooked even know the a/c was not airworthy in the condition they were in. Just watch your back, don't fly a plane you don't think is up to par and good luck with everything. With the aviation market the way it is your lucky to have an interview with them. FO pay is low, but youll get a good 1000hours a year, depending on what your base is but its good for the low timers. Definatly makes your marketable to the regionals after a year and corp ops as well. My friend flew for them for a year and then went to Skywest and is on the CRJ.

Berry Aviaition

the DO and the Director of MX will both piss on your head and tell you its raining.
I concur!

Low budget operation that claims to have excellent maintenance and training. Stay away....far away. If you value your life, sanity, and want to make a good living (especially as an FO).....Go somewhere else!

And that guy who is at Skywest now that Lrjtcptn is talking about would say the same!

That's my gouge for ya!

BTW How is ATC Lrjtcaptain?

I appreciate the honest feedback, thank you. However, that said (and I really do value my neck) things are down right tough out there, I have sent resume's to every regional and cargo outfit that I know of and after 2.5 yrs of flight instructing, it is time that I put some more advanced a/c hours in my logbook. I really wish a decent regional would give me a buzz, but it has not happened yet, and I am not getting any younger. This business is all about timing I know, and mine has not been real good....

I am going to pay them a visit and see how it goes, I will be sure to let you guys know after I get back. I figure if I don't at least try to I will be hating myself a few hours into a C-172 as to 'what might have been'.

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back