Bennies at NJA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey AA717 and Batsky,

Could you elaborate a little more about this points/credit deal or point me in the right direction where I can read up on it?

I not quite sure I am getting it.

Thanks,

JR

jrav8tr-

Unlike the airlines we collect all hotel and airline points.

On an average year i collect 500,000 + hilton points. Plus i collect a bunch of delta points to keep me gold.

I use my hilton amex or hilton visa card for checkin at the hotel. that's double points along with the airline double dip miles and the hotel points.

500,000 got me 1 month of trecking around europe with my wife staying at the finest hiltons, and conrads that europe had to offer.

The airline miles allow me to upgrade to buisness on international trips.

Plus being gold medallion makes sure i get upgraded to first while riding around on the airlines.

Diesel good news/bad news - you can kiss the Delta Gold good bye with 7/7. With Delta's new rules it is not physically possible. Unless you are on the flex of course ......

How do you figure that, I made platinum on 7/7, you only need to fly 75000 miles, 50,000 for gold, very easy to do if you fly 2 legs at each end each tour

A Few Questions:

1) Do you fly on all the airlines? Your choice of airline? or Does the company choose what is cheapest?

2) Is there any vacation during year 1?

Thanks
WP

I am proud for you. Maybe with international pickups, but much harder with domestic. Work 26 weeks, three off for vacation, company recurrent and two sim trips only leaves twenty weeks to get +/- 45,000. Throw in the fact the company does not always put me on Delta any more, and I have not made it since leaving the 17 day schedule. But to not have to fly international any more ? - PRICELESS !!!!!

Two weeks vacation first year - three after five - with the company picking the airline by need/price with a no fly list.

As I understand it the vacation is prorated your first year, and it is after you have completed the first full year that you get to bid for two weeks of vacation. For example, those hired in April of this year got 3 days of vacation to using during the current vacation bid cycle (July 05-June06). Once we reach July 2006 they will have the two weeks of vac.

Flywest

old*art said:
Maybe with international pickups, but much harder with domestic.

Old*fart,

The entire year I only took the airlines to/from Europe twice. They really, really try to keep from having to do that. I know some folks get it more than that, but on average it doesnt happen as much as you think.

Truth be told, I'd rather sit in my plane and fly across the pond than ride in the back on the airlines...

It's gotten that bad.

Latest resources

Back