• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bennies at NJA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One thing to add is that, you do get credits to use for benefits, what you have left you get back in your check, for myself, I have Medical/Dental/short term/Long term/Supplemental life , and some other stuff and I still get back $26 per pay period

So what you don't use you get back in cash

I bet CS can't even come close to that, maybe their 1% above Netjets covers this cost for them?

FLYLOW22 said:
Here is a broad brush stroke of 2006 benefits for NetJets pilots.

Most of this was made available to us through collective bargaining and the use of an effective Union.

-Medical 100% premiums company paid through Aetna (CoPay applies)
-Dental 100% Company paid with MetLife
-Vison plan
-Flexible spending accounts
-Short Term Disability
-Long Term Disability
-Loss of Medical Certificate Disability
-Supplemental Life Insurance
-Spouse Life Insurance
-Dependant Life Insurance
-Personal Accident Insurance
-Hyatt Legal Plan
-Legal Flight Plan
-Long Term Care
-401K with 50% Company match (yum)

Most of the above is included into our CBA at no additional cost to the pilot. Some of the above is available for a VERY reasonable cost per pay period. Each deduction I see on my paycheck for optionals range from .25c to $3.00.

As far as CS, I'll let Humphry Bogart speak for his company. He's "worth it" after all.

Why deal in fact

Interesting that nobody at CS will post their superior benefits. Not even a drive by. Humm.

Does NJ qualify for Interline discounts? Not just ID90's but what about cruises and the like?

Thanks, Baja.

Side note after reading some Union stuff at other fracts:

Are new hires issued a Union Bat? Sounds like Teamsters have their $h!t together!!

Keep up the good work for yourselves and the industry!

Baja.

Going2Baja said:
Side note after reading some Union stuff at other fracts:

Are new hires issued a Union Bat?
Naw.. Had to get mine at Baseball Express. Conveniently located Right across the street from The Citation Service Center at the SAT airport. All Baseball, All the time.

Going2Baja said:
Does NJ qualify for Interline discounts? Not just ID90's but what about cruises and the like?

Thanks, Baja.

Baja--That was one of the harder things to get over in my post-airline career. I thought I'd miss having passes but I don't. If I want to go on vacation, I either buy tix (because they are so darned cheap and the hotels are free on points) or use points or FFB miles to get them.

You do this stuff for a few years and you'll build up enough points to get the whole vacation package--including airline tickets.

I'll be "retiring" form AA in a couple of years and get passes but I doubt I'll use them for vacation. The wife and kids will because they have time to kill sitting standby in the airport. You'll eventually realize how much being on standby sucks.

As for cruises, a couple of guys in my company used their points for cruises. You can get a lot of bang for no bucks doing that. One did a Carribean cruise with airline tix on AA and the other did an Alaska cruise--neither cost a dime other than petty cash.

The points thing is a huge bennie that's really intangible--it's not something you can put on paper when you're figuring up how much you'll make at this job but it's a big deal if you like to travel on your time off.

Hope this helped.TC

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back