• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bennies at NJA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
actually out of the NE i airline all the time.

Thank goodness we use Delta quite a bit. I've got no problem making gold every year. Even on old 17day sched but with taking a bunch of time off.

Wolfpack - front or back, across the pond or just across the border, the thought of having to face a fat US customs agent and the paperwork on return makes it not worth the effort for me. Of course look at my handle lol.

old*art said:
the thought of having to face a fat US customs agent and the paperwork on return makes it not worth the effort for me.

HA-HA...

You are dead on. Sounds like the voice of experience to me.

Last Fall I cleared in BGR, and had a dark haired very thin late 20's young lady get out of the Suburban, I was shocked.

Come to think of it, that was a long day and I think we saw a school of mermaids at 60N30W also.

Take care..

Diesel and all others,

Thanks for the replies! I like the idea of having all the airline and hotel points. Non-revving on the airlines lately is a joke. Can barely get on to go to work (commuter). Looking to upgrade my QOL by not flying standby all the time!

So what's this deal about getting money back on your check if you don't use your benefits such as medical/dental, etc? I think Batsky brought this up, anyone care to explain?

Thanks!

JR

jrav8tor said:
So what's this deal about getting money back on your check if you don't use your benefits such as medical/dental, etc? I think Batsky brought this up, anyone care to explain?

Thanks!

JR
I think he was talking about Flexible Spending Accounts - a program where you may choose an amount of money to be withheld from your paycheck (pretax) and placed in an account to pay for things like child care or braces (the percentage that your dental plan doesn't cover), etc.

batsky2000 said:
One thing to add is that, you do get credits to use for benefits, what you have left you get back in your check, for myself, I have Medical/Dental/short term/Long term/Supplemental life , and some other stuff and I still get back $26 per pay period

So what you don't use you get back in cash

"credits to use for benefits", "you get back in cash". That's not a benefit that NJA gets. I don't know what he's talking about. It's not the Flexible Spending Account. With the FSA you get pre-tax money withheld from your pay and put into an account, but if you don't use it by the end of the year, you lose it.

I guess that only NJI gets that for now, I thought that since we all use the same benefits site, we all got that deal, the way it works is that we get $280 credits towards benefits, you get a choice of 3 medical plans( just different levels of the same plan), one costs more than the other based on if you want a high or low or no deductable, plus a slew of other benefits, what you don't use, you get back as cash in each check, for me that ends up being $26 in each check, so I pay nothing for my benefits plus I get cash back and I have everything Med,Dental,Supp Life,etc....

From reading the new CBA, you guys at NJA will be getting rid of the Union plans and everyone will be on the company plans, so you will probly be getting the same deal

Page 161, 24.1 "Effective January 1, 2006, all pilots will be covered by Group Medical,Dental, Vision plans provided to non-bargaining employees"

Qwertyuiop said:
"credits to use for benefits", "you get back in cash". That's not a benefit that NJA gets. I don't know what he's talking about. It's not the Flexible Spending Account. With the FSA you get pre-tax money withheld from your pay and put into an account, but if you don't use it by the end of the year, you lose it.

Majik, Batsky, and Qwerty,

thanks for the replies. That makes since now, most FSA won't refund your money, however, it's a wonderful program if you can budget your expenses correctly.

Thanks again for all the help!

JR

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back