• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bend Over C.O.M.A.I.R!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, Comair WILL give you the time off for FMLA. I'd stick around for birth of your child then figure out a long range plan. Insurance is a necessity and some places may not give insurance benefits starting day one. Be careful (do your research) jumping from regional to regional since who knows what will happen 6 months down the road at any carrier! Good luck!

I've got a tough one. Been here 1.5 years and want to get out of here with the quickness. The wife is due with our first child in early Feb. If I start training with a new airline who knows where I'll be around the time of birth. Will the airlines give me time off during training to spend the time at home?
Leaving seems like a great answer, until you think about what can happen. Say you leave OH after or before your child is born and at your new airline they get their flying cut. Now your junior and progression will take longer or maybe even forloughed, now you have no insurance, no job, no money but you do have a kid. While comair has had a run at sucking, in the next year all regionals will be getting crappier and what they have now will not be what they have then (upgrades).

Don't you have to be at a company so long before you qualify for FMLA? So if you switch companies you may not be able to ge much time off to stay with your wife and kid.

I'm waiting till the spring to leave Comair, i have plans and need the vacation I have lined up.

Don't you have to be at a company so long before you qualify for FMLA? So if you switch companies you may not be able to ge much time off to stay with your wife and kid.
/quote]

12 consecutive months, I believe, but not 100% sure. I would advise against leaving until after the birth. Way too many variables with insurance, time off during new hire training, etc. Plus, going through the training cycle with a new baby at home is a tough one. When I went through upgrade at ASA I had a 2 month old at home, and it was a very rough month for both me and my wife.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back