Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hovernut

Home Based Again!
1. Jan 7 upgrade class pushed to maybe April sometime, with a possible slide into March.

2. Future vacancies questionable before April/May time-frame. Depends on attrition (32/mo now) and pending block-hour reduction.

3. Suspending hiring for 3 or more months.

4. 4000 hours reduction for us, another chunk for other DCIs. One or some DCIs may possibly be hit harder than us. Conjecture: Freedom??

5. More RJs to be parked than the already-planned return of the 8 to the lessors.

Good News: We're taking back a couple Big Sky runs!! Wohoo!! Fredrickton and the Snooty Fox, here I come!!

Most of the attrition is from recent upgrades that pass the 1000PIC and new-hires. Senior crowd predictably sticking around (xcept maybe JC?)

All this info came from company forecasting fella (RP) visiting an upgrade class this morning to confirm they (11) will continue in the program. Current vacancy not CX'd ONLY because it's cheaper by 100 grand to keep us going instead of downgrading/re-training; for once, the spreadsheed worked in our favor!

Oh, and all this even when good news is being reported about our revenues:

http://www.traveldailynews.com/pages/show_page/23844

"The highest unit revenues were reported by network carrier US Airways and regional carriers Comair and American Eagle Airlines. The lowest unit revenues were reported by low-cost carriers JetBlue Airways and Spirit Airlines and regional airline Pinnacle Airlines."

Happy Happy Joy Joy

Last edited:
Doesn't management do a good job of increasing morale around christmas?
Your christmas bonus....$0
Managements bonus...$50,000
Christmas in a holiday inn express....$priceless

That's one way to fix a recruiting problem. Just stop recruiting. We can't get people now, so lets just make things look much worse and see if we can build a winning team in the spring. WTF Over! As if the 31 hour sits at the airport in Huntsville aren't bad enough, we are going to start seeing 5 days trips with 3 duty days in them.

I was just thinking that myself. 5 day trips that were worth 28 hours in December will now be worth 12! Great news!

Not to change the subject, but the other day I was in CVG and just about every Comair guy I passed gave me a look of disgust as I passed, kinda like the Delta pilots look at you. Just wondering why? I work for ASA, not Chiniqua, or Freedumb, so why the hostility? We did not sell you guys out, if anything it was the other way around, so again, WTF?

Not to change the subject, but the other day I was in CVG and just about every Comair guy I passed gave me a look of disgust as I passed, kinda like the Delta pilots look at you. Just wondering why? I work for ASA, not Chiniqua, or Freedumb, so why the hostility? We did not sell you guys out, if anything it was the other way around, so again, WTF?

Relax, things aren't going real well for Comair pilots at the moment. Perhaps the disgust you have perceived from a look you received walking though the concourse wasn't directed AT you, but was a general disgust for the Company.

...or maybe you're fly was down?

Relax, things aren't going real well for Comair pilots at the moment. Perhaps the disgust you have perceived from a look you received walking though the concourse wasn't directed AT you, but was a general disgust for the Company.

...or maybe you're fly was down?

My favorite story from CVG was as I was sitting in one of our ASA 70 seaters, waiting for pax, out comes this puffy chested Comair Captain. He looks over to our plane and I watch him shake his head, as if to say, I'm gonna be pissed if that's one of 'our' old 70 seaters. So he walks down the right side of us to check our tail number (here's a tip to this nimrod, ASA ship numbers generally start with 7 and it's on the nose of the aircraft, so yes, we were in an 'original' ASA 70 seater, Comair birds start with a 3, at least the ones we've 'taken'), anyway, after he satisfies himself that we're not whoring it up in an old Comair plane, he smugly walks up the steps on to AN OLD SKYWEST 50 BEATER! Hahh. Pr1ck.

I may have some of this info a little wrong... but didn't Skywest get some of Comair's planes during or shortly after the strike and the ones Comair got back afterwards were Skywest junkers?

I may have some of this info a little wrong... but didn't Skywest get some of Comair's planes during or shortly after the strike and the ones Comair got back afterwards were Skywest junkers?

Yes, my point was, however, that ASA didn't steal those 70 seaters, and we didn't undercut Comair to take them away. They were shifted around much like the SkyWest 50 seaters. That was the irony of my little story!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back