• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Beep Beep Beep Beep

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I actually like having a pager, this way I can go to sleep, turn my phone off and sleep right through my green time unless I get a trip. Especially if I am seeping during the day.

I had a trip cancel on Wednesday night. What happens to that freight? Does it just disappear? Do they suddenly determine that they really don't need it there that quickly? At least the last one cancelled on the ground. I've only had three cancel in the air. ATC always sounds confused and suspicious when they tell us our trip cancelled and we need to return to the airport. It's like they're waiting to see if we will call BS on it and continue to our destination.

you just got underbid by a competitor.

At least one board will tell you what happened to the freight (east coast, i think? Maybe Kelly). From what I've seen on there recently, a LOT of stuff that gets quoted winds up going on a truck. The end is nigh etc etc.

As to getting called out before the bid is accepted...I would do something unpleasant to the "dispatcher"'s car...our people only call if they've submitted a bid they think might go and only call you to the airport if it's "go time".

I actually like having a pager, this way I can go to sleep, turn my phone off and sleep right through my green time unless I get a trip. Especially if I am seeping during the day.

Me too, its nice to be able to separate personal life from work life. Plus if you loose your phone or the battery is dead etc etc, you have another means of communicating. The company I work for wants to take them away.

I had heard a while back that the owner of Alliance was some guy in Colorado that also owned a freight forwarder. Can any of the Alliance guys verify this?

As to getting called out before the bid is accepted...I would do something unpleasant to the "dispatcher"'s car...our people only call if they've submitted a bid they think might go and only call you to the airport if it's "go time".

The dispatcher in question is one of the coolest guys I've worked with in the freight business. He is licensed and usually looks out for the QOL of the pilots. His initials are JB and he used to work at ameristar if any of you guys ever worked with him. I think this instance was the fault of the customer. I usually watch flightaware to see if I can figure out who got a trip that cancelled on us or to see who underbid us on trips we quoted. Most of the time it seems like the freight never existed or never needed to be on an airplane.

I had heard a while back that the owner of Alliance was some guy in Colorado that also owned a freight forwarder. Can any of the Alliance guys verify this?

Aerobat, you are correct, but you should have just stated it as fact and waited to see if twikysmalls called you bro and said you were spouting off false info. Extrordinair is a now defunct part 135 company that sold their certificate to Alliance.

Latest resources

Back