• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

BEECHJET - SIC needed In September

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Couldn't you have a school with little time in the aircraft?

nothing was said about no school.

:erm:

Of course you could LJ. But when you advertise for a SIC and 'experience-in-type' is "optional"....

But sure, anyone could have come out of school and never been in the aircraft...not probable...but possible.

Maybe is just me, but the add came across as looking for a "seat warmer".

What are you talking about?? The first time I ever flew in a beechjet was to get 3 TO/L's before a trip I was about to fly. Same as the citation. Come to think of it, that was also the case for the lear and westwind.

I mean, what are you saying? That no one is safe to fly as SIC until they go to school? I guaranty that a good percentage of people going though initial at FSI and Simuflite have time in type already.

[QUOTE=ultrarunner;There are requirements Celtic. And the most restrictive is ALWAYS the underwriter. The 'Open Pilot Warranty' clause in their insurance binder specifically states the minimum requirements for PIC and SIC.QUOTE

I understand insurance. We have under our "open pilot," "pilots as named by" meaning we can put whoever we want in either seat. It is a privledge we worked hard to attain, and definitely don't want to lose through abuse.

Knowing that, and the fact that there are probably dozens of typed, current, and unemployed Beechjet guys, I'm surprised that any meat in the seat will do.

Of course you could LJ. But when you advertise for a SIC and 'experience-in-type' is "optional"....

But sure, anyone could have come out of school and never been in the aircraft...not probable...but possible.

Maybe is just me, but the add came across as looking for a "seat warmer".
Why so negative? Maybe this guy anticipates hiring a full-timer in the near future and he's using this opportunity as an "interview". Maybe he doesn't want to limit himself to Beechjet only guys. I'm just sayin it's possible.

Regardless of anything else, I'm just happy to see ANY job listed on FI again. I miss the days of reading about not working for so and so bottom feeder, and never take a job where you might have to work 20 days a month for less than $150,000.

Latest resources

Back