Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Palerider957

Gentleman,

My company is interested in a Beechjet 400/400A. I know there have been some problems with this aircraft lately, and I was hoping someone would know if they have been resolved.

We have been operating Citations and a Lear 31A. The boss has been happy with both, but wants more cabin (as cheaply as possible).

So, what is the general opinion of the Beechjet? Maint. costs, dispatch reliability, overall performance, etc.?

Thanks in advance.

I suppose you are talking about the dual engine flameouts? Well the new procedure is to turn on engine anti-ice when in the vicinity of t-storms and there haven't been any since. No one is sure if this was the reason, but it seems to have stopped the problem.

Palerider, post over on the Frac board. You'll prly get plenty of responses from the Netjet folks on the pros and cons of that plane, as they have more time in 'em than anyone.

With that being said, a good friend of mine flies one, and I've been in it several times. Basically a nice round king-air style cabin. Avionics are different model to model. I'd imagine you'd want a later 400A bird with the newer FMC's. My friend tells me the plane is severely range-limited with more than 5 or 6 folks in it....to the extent that FLA is not possible from the north-east.

Good luck in your search.

Last edited:
Palerider, post over on the Frac board. You'll prly get plenty of responses from the Netjet folks on the pros and cons of that plane, as they have more time in 'em than anyone.

With that being said, a good friend of mine flies one, and I've been in it several times. Basically a nice round king-air style cabin. Avionics are different model to model. I'd imagine you'd want a later 400A bird with the newer FMC's. My friend tells me the plane is severely range-limited with more than 5 or 6 folks in it....to the extent that FLA is not possible from the north-east.

Good luck in your search.

OK, thanks a lot for the info. I'll post on the frac. section.

If you get a Beechjet... make sure it has the Collins 5000 FMS, not the 850. The 850 is a button smashing nightmare compared to the 5000 and will not be supported much longer.

Some cost figures... $1300/DOC... Fuel burn 200gal/hr... MSP/JSSI $250... T/R's $11/hr...

You'll like the speed compared to CE-500. You don't have to move out of the way for SWA.

With 4 people you can easily make TEB from MCO. It climbs from takeoff to 390 pretty well if you hold 260 to 280 kts early on in the climb and then transition to mach. Burn down a bit of fuel then go to 410 - 430 and you'll be sip'n fuel at about 450-500#'s per hour per engine. If you need more range pull the pwr back until you're flying at .2 AOA.

Seats 4 comfortably & 8 uncomfortably.

Make sure you carry spare Prist.

Not much room for baggage, especially large bags. Tell women before hand it is not a 747!

Can handle most 4000' runways in the winter without reducing fuel load. Can easily be landed on 4000' runways if you don't float it and hit your ref numbers. Think Navy Carrier landings instead of a greaser. The T/R's work well.

Latest resources

Back