Beechjet 400A

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jschroed

I have just accepted a position as an F/O on a Beechjet 400A. I was wondering if anyone could give me info about the airplane. This is my first jet job so I don’t really know what to expect. Also I have to go to flight safety for the 13 day initial. I don’t have any idea what to expect there either. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

don't worry too much...

just take it as it comes and you will be ok. Heck, If I couod get thru it almost anyone can. When you get info for your simuflite date, should include instructions on how to get accrss to their BE40 training materials. Could also call flt options training and ask for a way to get access to the company training site. Again, I don't think you have anything to be worried about.

If it's like any other jet type rating...

Start memorizing the limitations section and the emergency memory items as soon as you get your AFM and checklist.

Then get a good working knowledge of the systems and the performance charts.

Piece o' cake.

I was in your exact shoes last January. What I recommend is the same as the other posters.

1) Whether it is Flight Safety or Simuflite, call them up and get the "bold face memory items" and memorize these!

2) Read as much as you can on systems, that way when your ground instructor goes over it in class, it will sound familiar.

3) Memorize the flight profiles.

4) If possible, sit in the cockpit and get familiar with the location of all guages, switches, etc.

5) When you call the school to get the materials, ask them what you should review. Tell them your experience level.

Training will be routed to you via the fire hose, therefore learn as much as you can now. I made up flash cards prior to school for the bold face items as well as limitations. I use them today while I am on the road, just to stay fresh.

The sim is like any other, extremely sensitive. Fly it gently.

I was the least experienced pilot in my class, and asked the most questions. My classmates respected me for that. They were all great guys, whom I still stay in contact with today.

Most of all, have fun! The Beechjet is a blast to fly.

Good luck!

You were the least experienced in Beechjet class with ">10000" hours? I find that very hard to believe.

I just got back from the Beechjet Type Training. Call FSI and get them to send you the pre study disc. If you memorize the Memory Items and the before Start Checks before you go out there ...the type will be easy. The instructors were good and the overall course is excellent!!

Enjoy the Training

Well...

It kind a flies like a tank, doesn't handle crosswinds all that well, and isn't great for short field ops. But its not a bad plane other than that. Staying on profile and keeping ahead of the plane is pretty key, especially if you have most of your time in turboprops, which are a lot more forgiving as far as speeds and altitudes when it comes to approaches.

If you don't like to float halfway down the runway, you'd better not cross the fence above Vref. And I'm not talking 10 or 20 knots over ref, I'm talking about 2 or 3 knots over.

flyer172

Its a Jet. They are mostly all like that. You can't let them float the whole way down the runway.

Latest resources

Back