• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Beech Starship

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe Raytheon bought everyone ever built back due to the "cost" and lack of parts. I see them in IND at their service center all the time. The design was pretty impressive but for the price a 350 could offer much more overall and it comes with a proven track record.

3 5 0

I work at OJC in the Kansas City Area, and we have one thats based here part of the year. Seems to take alot of maintenance

I know it's already been said, but I thought I could sum up the Starship in one phrase: "All sizzle, no steak!"

A beautiful, elegant, underpowered failure of a plane. The project went belly-up when people realized it couldn't perform -- however, one thing people overlook is that it was a revolutionary leader in making one of the first glass cockpits for a small(er) airplane. Look for a picture of the cockpit -- you'll see what I mean. Pretty revolutionary for it's time.

Last edited:
I used to fly right seat in a Starship for a Part 135 operator. It was a 2000A model (one of the last ones ever built) and performed quite well. We would always file 330 kts. The 14 tube 1st generation efis was always lots of fun. It has a pretty capable FMS as well.

High purchase price and just too radical a design for the times was what killed the production. The airplane really is a great performer and flies really nice. This will always be one of my favorite airplanes of all time.

350DRIVER said:
I believe Raytheon bought everyone ever built back due to the "cost" and lack of parts. I see them in IND at their service center all the time. The design was pretty impressive but for the price a 350 could offer much more overall and it comes with a proven track record.

3 5 0

Raytheon did not buy back all of the Starships. I know of several that are privately owned or operated under 135. Check out this site for lots of good info and cool pics of the Starship:
http://www.bobscherer.com/Pages/Starship.htm

I was in KGBD yesterday. There are 6 Starships sitting in the hanger there. Maybe they were being stored or something. Anybody know?

there are a bunch of them stored in GBS, SLN, and in wichita. Rumor is they bought all of them back and cant find anyone to take a lease on them. too bad..

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back