Beech 400 Vs LJ35

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Things That Make You Go Hmmmmm

Don't know what to tell you. Maybe you were flying an airplane with engines just out of hot section or overhaul. There is no difference between the 400 and the 400A with respect to wing and engine anti-ice systems from the pilots perspective.

The BOW's depend on each operator. The 400 that I flew had a BOW that is much less than the 400A that I am currently flying. So just for the sake of argument let's say that my 400 weighs 10,700. Give a trip fuel required of 2800 pounds and 400 pounds of pax's and cargo, that brings our takeoff weight to 13,900. Now take your 400A with a BOW of 11,100, same trip fuel and pax's now your takeoff weight is 14,300.

My experience has been that the BOW's for the 400A's is higher then that of the 400's due to the increase in the MGTW.

if youre looking to buy this size plane you should include the falcon 10 in the group. the price is very low now, 1.5m, for even high serial numbers. the cabin is much better than the lear; comparable to the beech; and its faster and has better short field capability than both the others. they are standard 18700# planes but most have been modded to 19300# which lets you fill it with fuel (1500mi) and fill it with pax (7-8) and still cram it with bags and not be over gross. awesome plane but when something breaks, its french so itll cost ya.

BE400

All this talk about the BE400 has perked my curiosity. Anyone know of any BE400 operators in the NC, VA area that might be interested in a former AF T-1 (BE400) instructor/evaluator?

Thanks in advance.

Latest resources

Back