• Start date
  • Watchers 12

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Catalina Flying Boats at LGB, and a medfly-dropping outfit at Los Alamitos Air Reserve base.

Kamaka Air in Honolulu has three aircraft for inter-island freight.

Last edited:
Methow Aviation in Seattle uses Beech 18's for freight runs. They might be based in Wenatchee (EAT). They also fly Barons.
Good Luck

B 18

Theres 1 or 2 in based in South Florida, there is also 1 about 30 miles of the Ft.lauderdale coast in about 150ft below the water, due to the it been very clear you can see it at the bottom of the sea. Engine Failure last year I believe, what cost it to go in

I think freight runners out of MKE has at least one.

Don't personally know any frieghtdogs flying one but there is one that stops at Regents FBO at STP at night call them to get the name.

I had dreams of buying one with a friend until Avemco at OSH this summer ran the numbers for me. With my time and ratings and $100,000 hull it was $10,000.00 per year (not even considering my friends low time which they would not insure). Even doing all my own maintence I can't justify that to the wife and kids. It is sad as I would love to own and fly one.

KlingonLRDRVR

Twin Beech

Why the nostalgia about the twin Beech? It is the only airplane I was ever forced.... like in drafted..... to fly in the Navy. lol. I was stationed at NAS Key West after coming out of a carrier attack squadron. There was nothing romantic about flying that dog. Noisy, hot, slow and gutless with poor visibility. JMHO

Try Jim Hankins Air at Hawkins airport Jackson, Mississippi.

They used to do mainly UPS stuff, I think that is still the case.

f9driver,

Coming from the tigercat, the twin beech might seem that way. However, I thought it was a great airplane. It's quiet, compared to some. It handles well. It's fast enough for what it does. Had I the bucks, I'd get one. I came out of the B-24 (4Y), and though the twin beech has the "little engines", I thought it was a nice little airplane.

If I had one, I'd make it my mission to keep it polished, in bare metal. It's a LOT of work, but there's no finish that looks better than a deep shine in aluminum.

Latest resources

Back