• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bed Bugs list of Hotels

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is one I stayed at in Nassau. I was calling the front desk, and I thought it was odd that the handset had a black chord when the rest of the phone was white. As it was ringing I noticed the chord was moving. Turns out the chord was white, it was just completely covered with ants.

Ick.....

You owe me a new flat screen monitor and keyboard

Now, where are those wet wipes................

A UAL crew said their LAX hotel had a definite bedbug problem, can't remember which hotel they stay at . . . . . too many brews at the Manhattan Beach Brewing Co., I guess.

I do remember they said you have to pull the sheets back and look at the piping on the seams of the mattress to spot 'em.

I think they said the bedbugs look like airline management, just smaller.:cool:

It probably was the Sheraton LAX. NWA and SWA use this hotel. I found one and took it to the front desk manager. He asked me if I needed medical attention. I said no, just a cleaner room...

Holiday Inn Oaklawn, MDW. Disgusting, dilapidated, smoking rooms reek, and woke up with some mysterious arthopod crawling across my back. For real. Two weeks ago.

Beware.

First thing I do when I get to the room:
1) Go to the bed and slide it away from the wall/headboard-look for telltale brown stains-look like rust marks-this is bedbug poo!!!
2) Pull back the sheets and looks for the curlies-many hotels "hotbunk".
3) Bathroom-Shower check- Sucks at 0330 to find out your shower doesn't work-especially for the poor soul sitting next to you all day.
4) Remote control check-Gotta hate not being able to change the channels in bed.

Some interesting notes on room cleanliness(or the lack of) What item in a typical hotel room is most rife with contamination??? The bedspread? The floor? No, the TV remote. Guess everyone grabs it at one time or another after performing said gross activities and housekeeping never cleans it. I slide it into the platic bag in the Ice Bucket. Eventually they clean the bedspreads to get the blood stains etc. off at least once a year.
P.S. Don't walk around in your room barefoot under any circumstances - many as yet to be named fungi lurking there waiting for another host to feed on.

The Bunny Ranch in Carson City, NV. Full of bugs. Look it up.

Latest resources

Back