• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bed bugs followed me home!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wasn't there some study where they found that there was more fecal matter on the remote than on and surrounding the toilet bowl?

I knew a flight attendant that was so grossed out by the germs in hotel rooms that he took the towels out of the bathroom, put them on the floor and slept on them to stay off the bed. He had transferred from some other non-travel position to become a flight attendant, and it was all I could do to keep from saying, "Perhaps you've chosen the wrong job."

Wanna get really grossed out? Sorry to do this to you. Next time you eat in a restaurant, as you put the fork in your mouth, think about how many hundreds (thousands?) of mouths that fork has been in. I used to wash dishes in a restaurant, so "sterile" isn't what I would describe silverware as.

I've been bed bug free for about 4 months now. Generally, if my memory serves me, they are nocturnal and nest near the host in and amongst natural materials; mattress seams, inside boxsprings, or behind wooden headboards. This would be why unpacking on the next bed over isn't a good idea. They will have a harder time crawling up the metal legs of a luggage rack. And they really have no reason to try since they are attracted to exhaled carbon dioxide. I read that they don't all hive up like bees would, they just nest in a good location, hence an open suitcase on a bed might become as good as any other spot.

Inspecting the bed and behind the head board are recommended but I have to add that I had them in my home and yet had no evidence on any bedding material in the eyes of the expert. I had a few specimens that I grabed with clear tape. I noticed the bites which we all react differently to (or not at all). I guess I'm sensitive since they would leave red welts to a bulls-eye form.

I have no idea where they came from and I feel we stay at good, clean hotels...but at the same time these things are not related to cleanliness like a roach.

Clorox wipes and slippers can go a long way towards piece of mind.

Any of you use the coffee maker? Think it is safe? You never will again. I don't after being told by the alt lifestyle folks that it was the perfect way to clean and "sterlize" sex toys after use.

Problem is most don't get hot enough to do that. Now I bet you all are thinking twice about that room brewed cup. Have not had one in years.

Ed

If you think bed bugs are bad dont even begin to think about what happens with the remote control.

I take the baggie from the ice bucket insert the remote and tie a knot so that it never comes in contact me.

A Gay FA told me his " parther " uses them as sex toys on layovers then he laughed and said he was kidding ... sure he was

I also get extra towels and lay a path down to the bed those floors are 50% skin 25% dust mites feces and %25 jizz

Sweet. Howard Hughes is alive and well.

This is some crazy stuff here... im gonna develop a phobia

wow. You ladies watch too much Oprah.

The comforter, the coffee maker, the remote, the sheets, the towels, the doorknob the floor, the...........aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh.:bawling:

Howard Hughes IS alive and well I guess. You know, help is available for this sort of thing. Then you can be worried about the real threats in life...... cooties. Icky girl cooties. They're every where. :nuts:

The first thing I do when I get in the room is make myself all necked, wrap myself in the comforter, make a bath and oh, lick the remote control. Is that wrong?

Latest resources

Back