Becoming a FAA inspector

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rally

Ok, no jokes about how once you get that stuff on you you can't wash it off etc.I am 25 4 year degree 2300 TT like 250+ ME. ATP CFI-I MEI etc. No violations, 135 experience. How hard is it to get a job with the FAA? I like the idea of the government stability etc and rather not particpate in traveling all over the country with the airlines and corporate making crap no job security. Anybody know? Any faa inspectors PM me? Thanks

Who picked on you in high school? I'll take care of them. Still a virgin? I'm sure someone could arrange something. If your trying to get back at society there are other ways man. Other ways:)

Be sure and say good bye to all of your flying buddies before you get the job. So it is a good job with good benefits, no one really needs friends anyway:D . On the bright side you will get to hang out with those FAA types of people:pimp: .
I would work at Walmart before I would sell my soul to the FAA.:)

my first post,,, kind of like the smiley faces :cool:

"Must be open to brainwashing" Seriously, most of the feds that I know have 15-20 years in the industry or more plus some military background. From what I understand its pretty difficult to get in and takes years to actually get hired.

Rally,

I'll be the contrarian.

If you are interested in the job...go for it!

1. We could use more Feds who like their job for the right reasons...and not the "I have the power" piece. I know a few of them, and they are a pleasure to work with. [One of my duties was to fly around with the feds assigned to our airline when they used one of our aircraft for currency. It is very satisfying to see them screw something up for no good reason.]

2. If you don't like it, you can bail!

3. Some of the FAA jobs allow you to move to different areas of operation. From inspector to APM to Flight Check to NAS to whatever.

4. Government pensions are more certain, and they're indexed.

I always enjoyed the part of the job app that states something to the effect of "Must not possess more than two violations or accidents to be eligible for this position"........always thought that was a nice touch for a regulatory and policing position in the flying community!!

You want to build up a resume for the job, just like any other job. Go to safety meetings in your district, and get to know the DPE's and ASI's. Try to become an aviation safety counselor, and maybe diversify your experience a little. The 135 is great, maybe take a part time instructing job to keep current with the teaching. You may find a school that needs a part-time chief or asst. Keep in mind, at the same time you are building a resume to be a DPE, more pay, better hours. Good luck.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back