BE1900's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CUBMAN

Anybody know where all the 1900's have gone? It used to be one of the most popular airplanes out there but they seem to have all but disappeared. I need info so that I can start targeting operators for employment, freight or pax, makes no diff to me.

Lakes still flys them but have not heard good things about their performance in the ice. All lakers can chime in here but as for me I felt alot safer flying a Lear 35 out in the west.

Lakes still flys them but have not heard good things about their performance in the ice. All lakers can chime in here but as for me I felt alot safer flying a Lear 35 out in the west.

I flew for Lakes for many years. I don't know who you talked to, but the 1900 can handle quite a bit of ice. If there was any turboprop to be caught in bad icing with, it would be the 1900D.

I flew for Lakes for many years. I don't know who you talked to, but the 1900 can handle quite a bit of ice. If there was any turboprop to be caught in bad icing with, it would be the 1900D.

I would agree. We usually didn't worry about even popping the boots until we saw an airspeed loss of 10kts or so. Scared the hell out the pax when the prop heaters came on and ice started hitting the pads at 1 a/b

I flew the 1900D for Skyway (RIP). MKE to GRR, C-YYZ, CLE and many other small upper midwest airports. I have seen more than my fair share of ice and in my opinion, the 1900 handles alot of ice just fine. I haven't flown any other turboprop, so I have no basis for comparison. Any turbojet (with bleed air anti-ice) is gonna handle ice better 'cause it doesnt accumulate ice in the first place. In de-ice boot equiped aircraft piston, turboprop or turbojet, the worst I have flown is a C421. Discuss

Lrjtcaptain.....thats good stuff, I havent seen this site before. Much more than I need for this search but also good info for others that I have experience in too. Thanks.

Try Martinaire. They have some BE1900s now. Entry level pay. Cold bases. And I concur with the above. Beech turbo props do well in ice, with the bigger King Airs handling it better due to more powerful engines with the ice vanes open.

Latest resources

Back