• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Be careful when you bust minimums...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I flew out of Pilot Point with my own operation. I also flew with the Ball Brother's out of King Salmon. In 1981 I flew up with my in-laws Murk Family Musical at Bethel, we gave some concerts in town and stayed there a couple of day. We got caught in the cross-fire of the ATC strike while we were in Bethel. I came back the rest of the years flying fish off the west bank, Egigik, etc. etc. Gardner Express was the name of my operation but our AK operation was Part 91, apart from the certificate. I kept a couple of airplanes up there we would come up in April, do the annuals and fly them all summer. I also had a Navajo and Aztec that we flew that were on the 135 we flew pax with them.

WayBack said:
Nice avatar, student pilot geek! do you tell the girls that you're a pilot?
I have to agree with Bjammin - that was completely uncalled for.

Give the guy a break, he's entitled to his opinion as much as you are yours.

Who care's if thats him riding shotgun in his avatar - remember how cool something like that would be to you when you were in his shoes??

BTW JKnight, what airplane is that in your avatar? 404/414/421?

nosehair said:
User997 - your avitar just got better!
Thanks, there isn't nothing mormon about THIS girl!

This is everything mormon girl wants to be, but can't. :D

User997 said:
BTW JKnight, what airplane is that in your avatar? 404/414/421?

It's a Navajo -310.

WayBack:
Yes, I'm a student pilot. I'll bet you were too at one time. As for "the girls", if they ask I'll tell them the truth.

Ira/Turbo/Single,

I agree with what you guys are saying. Unless it's a been there done that, you can't judge. But I have been, as you have been (so I can judge).

I have done my time as you guys have, and "outsiders" may have a hard time relating. This flight, that found it's way to the fish wrap, is pretty common. I can see Kong, Kwig, and Tunt in my mind (which may be a bad thing). A bastardized Capstone approach is how it's done when it gets thick out there. A "friend" used to do it that way.

A few things to learn from this:
1) Never pull this kind of stuff with a non-native, especially a teacher. They will turn your tail in quicker than you can spit. Construction guys and Electricians are usually ok.

2) Capstone is great, but remember, big brother is watching. I believe the data is now used in enforcement action.

For those of you up there or planning to go up there, be careful, save your money, and most of all have fun. It may be the best flying job you'll ever have. It was for me.

The above may be purely fictional in nature. In no way is it an admission of guilt, acceptance of liability, or represent a chronic deviation from acceptable practices by your humble author.

comander said:
excuse my ignorance but where is this area located? whats the nearest airport code?

Western Alaska. The flight started in Bethel, PABE (BET), then went to Kwigillingok, and Kongiginak. They are all in MS Flight Sim if you want to check it out.

Singlecoil said:
Western Alaska. The flight started in Bethel, PABE (BET), then went to Kwigillingok, and Kongiginak. They are all in MS Flight Sim if you want to check it out.

yep thanks thats what I wanted to do :)

Latest resources

Back