• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

BE 58 Rental

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You know, I would be surprised if you found a B58 for rental anywhere in the continental united states.

Probably plenty of Duchesses around, though. Not the same thing, but it's a Beech and flies beautifully.

And if you do manage to find one, the insurance co. will require 50,000hrs TT, with 4000 hrs of single pilot Space Shuttle time and about equal time in a Baron with the same configuration and color scheme as the one you want to rent.

::sigh::

Last edited:
Don't forget the beloved Baron Sim School!

I have not done it, but I acquired a lot of my Baron time before most companies started requiring it. There are 4 local BE58s here that require school.

Actually, the number of BE58s that are rent-able are going up because a few charter operators have realized that their commercial insurance also sometimes covers rental. In these days they will do many things to help subsidize costs, but you better have a big pocket book and a load of time.

Sorry I couldn't help, but in the south I know it is possible to find a few...more on a lease type basis however.

Yea Thanks Guy's...

I have over 1500 hour in the 58 and had a 135 letter in it for AirNet so insurance shouldn't be a problem. However, if someone knows anyone that is willing to lease one or do a partial share in one around Central Jersey I would love to talk with them.... I found a 55 at Old Bridge but heard it wasn't in great shape.

I'd check with some of the 135 operators to see if they are willing to do a lease/rental on some of their equipment if there are any BE58s up that way used for pax charter. Usually the 135 commercial passenger insurance will cover rentals with time like yours.

Latest resources

Back