BBQ in OKC?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HERE's YOUR ANSWER

Tinker AFB was my home for several years as well....

I believe that the BBQ shanty off of Air Depot (just north of the TINKER main gate) is called Mr Griggs.... It is pretty good.

Couple other suggestions though: Ted's Cafe and Escondido (known simply as Ted's) is GREAT Mexican... some of the best salsa I've had.

Nick's at the Top: 5 Star steak house on top of a semi skyscraper on the NW side off of May Ave.
Cafe 501: It's up in Edmond (20 min northern suburb) but best sandwiches in the metro area.
I'll rack my brain for other options, but above references to Bricktown are accurate.
have fun!

Youens said:
Which airport are you flying into?

I'm coming into OKC, but staying at the Residence Inn, it's the closest to the Best Western(Woohoo), where I'll be doing my business for the week!

Thanks for all the tips guys! I'll be looking foward to the red screen at the bottom of the Wx channel!

Hey Ricer, I had to find something to do while the bird is in ILG! Maybe you'll have a charter out there?

ONEWAY said:
Tinker AFB was my home for several years as well....

I believe that the BBQ shanty off of Air Depot (just north of the TINKER main gate) is called Mr Griggs.... It is pretty good.

Sorry to hear about (S)Tinker. It was Mr. Sprigg's and I heard they moved further north on Air De(s)pot.

Van's Pig Stand in Norman I hear is good, and Bob's was still in Norman last time I checked. Just look up current address on that one too, might have moved. Any Rib Crib is OK. No pun intended.

Cowboy's BBQ has the best beans in Ruston, LA. Barring anywhere. I lived in Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Florida. Family in Mississippi. Best anywhere I've tried. I'd stop just for them, and that's sayin' somethin'.

If you are flying into Wiley Post (PWA) out of the airport drive go south to 39th street (it’s the new Route 66) make a right turn to head west. Drive about 5-8 miles to the little town of Yukon, OK. Keep on trucking west until you run into BAD BRAD’S BBQ! It’s on the south side of the road very easy to find. If you get to Garth Brooks Blvd. you have gone to far, turn around and head east a couple of blocks.

If you are flying into the BIG airport (OKC) find I-40 go west take the Garth Brooks Blvd/Yukon Exit go north on Garth to Main street (Ol’66 or 39th Expway) make a right head east a couple of blocks and it should hit you, the fantastic smell that is! Bad Brad’s is a very good small Okie town restaurant, great food, and good prices for BBQ. It beats those expensive places like county line hands down. And when your done there Take I-40 East to Bricktown (downtown) and have some fun. Lots of Beer bars, wine bars, Girly bars, and music every night of the week. You might catch a minor league baseball game down there tickets are cheap ($6-$14) and its right there in Bricktown. They are called The Oklahoma Red hawks.

Tuesday, Jun. 14 7:05 PM Omaha Royals Home
Wednesday, Jun. 15 7:05 PM Omaha Royals Home
Thursday, Jun. 16 7:05 PM Omaha Royals Home
Friday, Jun. 17 8:00 PM New Orleans Zephyrs Home
Saturday, Jun. 18 7:05 PM New Orleans Zephyrs Home
Sunday, Jun. 19 7:05 PM New Orleans Zephyrs Home
Monday, Jun. 20 7:05 PM New Orleans Zephyrs Home

Hooters

Forget BBQ - go to Hooters on NW Expressway. Is Bikini Night on Wednesdays? Or is it Fridays? Or both?

WESTPAC P3 Tweek:cool:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back