Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Gumby

Gettin' my JERK on!
Ok Kids..I'll be spedning a lovely week in OKC..Any BBQ tips?

Gumby...Here is the gouge for OKC.

Try to stay at the Westin, Bricktown. (If it still exists.) Bricktown is the restaurant/bar area where you want to stay. Trust me. There is great sportsbar in Bricktown that has something like 90 beers on tap. There are lots of women with, shall we say, "moral casualness". Enjoy, it's not gonna suck as much as you think it will.

Chocks.

Everything above is correct, except the westin is now a sheraton. OKC actually doesn't suck as much as you think it would. As for BBQ, I believe you are out of luck.

Tapwerks is great, spent some quality time there!
For BBQ, County Line up on 63rd and Kelly (off I-44) is good
There is a Bob's BBQ in Norman now - haven't tried that one but the original Bob's down in Ada is fantastic!
Enjoy the 115 degree heat index!

OKC for a week? WTF!!!

Gumby said:
Ok Kids..I'll be spedning a lovely week in OKC..Any BBQ tips?

Jeez, Who'd you piss off??? I'm gone for a week and the whole plan seems to have changed for you.
On another note, got to see the A-380 do its thing at the "Show" today and got a minute in the seat of the 7X. Still bare bones w/ nothing but test equip in the back. It's very impressive on the walk around.

Go to Earls Rib on Reno and Meridian for good BBQ.
10 min drive from OKC.

Last edited:
I was based at Tinker AFB a while back and there is a great place just off base to the north. I believe it was on N. Air Depot Blvd. It was maybe a 1/4 mile north of the Air Depot Blvd. gate. Exit 157 if I remember correctly off of I40. Small hole in the wall place on the right side when traveling North. Best BBQ I found in 4 years.

Check out Bricktown and the OKC Bombing Memorial. Won't make your stay in OKC seem bad at all after seeing it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back