BBQ in Concord, NC?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
G100driver said:
Just also remember not to ask for sweet ketsup based sauce. Its all vinegar down there. If it is red it is because they put hot sauce in it.

Thats not completely true. Starting in the mtns...it goes from sweet to reaching vinegar-y by the time you get to the beach. Most of the bbq joints in the Piedmont have a sweet and sour twangy type flavor
Remember BBQ is a noun not a verb.

NC BBQ is more of an acquired taste. I honed my skills at Garner's in RWI over a period of about 3 years. Now that I reside in NC I am starting to get out and enjoy the vast selection. Lexington BBQ is in fact hard to beat. I make the journey down from INT about once a month to indulge my guilty pleasure. :)

They put so much vinegar in it
Yes .... as God intended. :mad:

But just how much depends on the locality. It's different in the mountain counties, the Piedmont (Lexington BBQ is tops ... Little Richards, specifically. And this from a mostly vegetarian :D), the Sandhills area (LOTS of vinegar), and the coast.

Most other states just have one style, a la Texas ("Wipe his a$$, shower him with hot sauce, and send him out!"), Georgia (Shredded Pig), and others. We have a lot of different styles to choose from.

Hey ... maybe I should organize a NC BBQ tour. :D

Minh

Latest resources

Back