Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

XLDaddy

what would steve do?
I'm sitting in JQF for couple of days and wondering if there's a good BBQ joint close. If I have to go to another cracker barrel or olive garden one more time I'm going to eat a bullet, please help.

Hey Olive Garden is great!!! How could 1 million Americans be wrong each night? I rank it up there with Outback:rolleyes:

If you want to find good BBQ go out and find the place that looks likes like it will give you salmonila and eat there. Chances are it will be the best BBQ of your life. Sorry I cannot be more specific, I have never been to Concord.

Just also remember not to ask for sweet ketsup based sauce. Its all vinegar down there. If it is red it is because they put hot sauce in it.

There is a Sunny's BBQ on Speedway Blvd. Just up the road from the airport. coming from the airport, take a left and go about 2 miles up, just past I85 it's on the right hand side. You said GOOD BBQ though, so I don't know what you consider good. Hope that helped.

Nick

China Grove

Drive north on I-85 to China Grove NC. Place called Gary's Barbecue. Best NC BBQ I've ever had. I don't know the exit number, but here's the address.

620 Hwy 29 North
China Grove, NC

R & R BBQ is about 2 miles from JQF. Off I85 (Exit 52) Near the corner of Poplar Tent Rd and Pitts School Rd. One exit North from Speedway Blvd. Good local place.

If you have the time, head up I-85 to Lexington, NC (The BBQ capital of the US).

Thanks for the tips, I'll try 'em. I got no problem with olive garden, but I can only take so many bottomless salads and breadsticks, it's killing me.

NJA Capt said:
R & R BBQ is about 2 miles from JQF. Off I85 (Exit 52) Near the corner of Poplar Tent Rd and Pitts School Rd. One exit North from Speedway Blvd. Good local place.

If you have the time, head up I-85 to Lexington, NC (The BBQ capital of the US).

Just got back from R & R, good stuff, thanks brother. Heading up to Lexington tomorrow to check out the BBQ up there. I got to stock up, I'm from California.

Latest resources

Back