• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flying Illini

Hit me Peter!

Title:
BBJ First Officer 7/10/2005Company: Company Name WithheldProduct/Service: Location: West CoastRequired Travel: NoneJob Type: Full-timeEmployment Type: Description: A corporate flight department based in on the west coast, is seeking qualified pilots for our new BBJ2, to be delivered in the 4th quarter. We currently operate two Gulfstream IV aircraft, one Citation X, and one EC-135 helicopter.Requirements: Licenses / Ratings: U.S. FAA Airline Transport Pilot

Certificate Age: Must be at least twenty-three years of age.

Flight Experience: 4000 hours total and 1500 hours TURBINE total. Additionally, a minimum of 1000 hours in Turbine aircraft as the Pilot in command, as defined by FAR PART I is required. This excludes simulator time

Currency: A minimum of 250 hours must be logged in the preceding 6 months.

Medical: Must possess a current FAA Class 1 Medical Certificate. Must pass FAA mandated Drug Test. The company conducts pre- and post-flight random drug and alcohol screening.

Authorization to work in the United States: Must have established authorization to work in the United States.

Education: Graduation from accredited, four-year college preferred.

Letters of Recommendation: At least three letters from any individuals who can attest to the pilot's flying skills, by having observed them over a sustained period of time. In addition, one letter from someone who has known you for at least ten years attesting to your character is required at the time of interview. Company Benefits: Benefits of flying include:
- Business class travel or better if required to deadhead commercially on flights over three hours
- Employee keeps all frequent flier miles for airlines, hotels, and rental cars
- Crew receives full size car rental on all layovers, and all ground sit time of more than three hours
- Excellent medical and dental benefits, company paid.
- Guaranteed four weeks of vacation per year.
- Many more
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Click Here For A 10 Day FREE Trial!![/font]
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/font]

the question is...why aren't they upgrading someone within the company?

Anyway, it sounds like a good job, thought I would share. Found it on www.skyjobs.net

Flying Illini said:
the question is...why aren't they upgrading someone within the company?

They did say it was a F.O. position. I usually wonder the same when I see companies seeking Captains from the outside.

750driver said:
They did say it was a F.O. position. I usually wonder the same when I see companies seeking Captains from the outside.

I was thinking along the lines of a GIV or C750 guy upgrading to the BBJ whether it be a captain or FO (more likely) and then hire someone into the citation or gulfstream.

Don't forget the insurance companies. They may require previous time in type.

Any guesses on which company we're talking about here? Someone must recognize that fleet composition...

I was thinking it was Bill Gates, Microsoft or even Paul Allen? Purrrhaps Dreamworks too?

I also thought they could upgrade a pilot from within... It just seems strange when a company does not upgrade into a new type from within.

The funny thing is that it might be a trick for you to sign up, about 2 years ago I remember there was a similar job ad on that same employment web site, and it turned out to be a fake ad to entice people to sign up, in fact I remember that the old ad also said pretty much the same stuff, it is very enticing, but the job was all made up as this may be as well, I had a good friend sign up and he applied for that job later to find out that it was for a job that did not exist, he asked for a refund and was told NO REFUNDS, so if you still want to find out if it is real or not pay the money and you will see!!!

And it is not for Bill Gates, Paul allen or Dreamworks, I know

Latest resources

Back