• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

BAX Global Sold

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Brinks sells BAX to Deutshe Bahn (11/12)

-and-

Brinks sells ATI to Cargo Holdings International (11/16)

Last edited:
T-Gates said:
Well it's safe to say that nobody on our side of the deal (Capital) saw that one coming.

that's for sure. I was told that they'll operate as seperate companies, but we can't help but wonder how it will affect the capital cargo side of things.
Wishful thinking, but it would be a good thing if they would bring our pay up to what ATI's is.

I would think it's a good time for Cappy to consider coming over to the Teamsters like ATI. Maybe they can get a better contract, I'm just speculating. Who knows what is going to happen but I think its in CHI best interest to keep them separate. I don't know about Cappy but we have been very profitable for BAX for the last few years.

dsee8driver said:
I don't know about Cappy but we have been very profitable for BAX for the last few years.

I agree. In the past, BAX has utilized the services of nearly all the other 727 supplimentals (express.net, cat, etc...) and from what I've been told, Capital Cargo is the only supplimental 727 airline that BAX is 100% happy with. That's evident since BAX has kept us the longest and continues to renue our contract. We also have been very profitable for BAX. We have consistantly given them performance over 99%.

I am not a pilot for ATI, but I've heard that BAX likes ATI as much as they like us, which is a good thing. ATI has excellent performance numbers, too.

Midnight Flyer said:
I am not a pilot for ATI, but I've heard that BAX likes ATI as much as they like us, which is a good thing. ATI has excellent performance numbers, too.

I think BAX liked ATI because we added their bottom lne since they "owned us", not to say our reliability was pretty good. The only reason we were not the SOLE airline on the property was because Pittston/Brinks' Michael Dan told us personally that no airline would ever fly over 50% of BAX's while they owned BAX. This was his way of eliminating being shutdown due to work stoppage.
I know a few of you guys since I have jumped from FLL on very many occasions to the hub. I surely hope management does not put us against each other on this. I think you guys are on contract negotitions as well as us. It will be very interesting to se how these developments change the course of those negotiations. If you are interested, our contract is on www.ibt747.org for public viewing.

I think that the sale was intended to preverve BAX's lift. If another company were to get a hold of ATI, then they might take the planes elsewhere. I'm sure that CCI's performance was part of the equation. I just really hope that this doesn't turn into another Atlas vs. Polar thing.

Its amazing to think that all anyone is thinking about is the integration of the 2 companies (ATI and Capital). Their is much more to this than an integration of 2 companies. Think about this, a german company who competes with DHL on a global scale has now entered into the airfreight market. The owner of CHI would not have bought ATI without some committment to continue and probably grow the airfreight buisness. This probably will mean new routes and new aircraft for both companies. I dont think this is a polar/atlas situation (both of whom operate 747s and can supplement each other). This is more likely an ASTAR/ABEX scenario, with the exception that both companies might be looking at new aircraft and a lot of growth. If integration does happen it will be many years away.

727Niteflyer said:
Its amazing to think that all anyone is thinking about is the integration of the 2 companies (ATI and Capital). Their is much more to this than an integration of 2 companies. Think about this, a german company who competes with DHL on a global scale has now entered into the airfreight market. The owner of CHI would not have bought ATI without some committment to continue and probably grow the airfreight buisness. This probably will mean new routes and new aircraft for both companies. I dont think this is a polar/atlas situation (both of whom operate 747s and can supplement each other). This is more likely an ASTAR/ABEX scenario, with the exception that both companies might be looking at new aircraft and a lot of growth. If integration does happen it will be many years away.

Like my inflight announcements say, "Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride!"

Latest resources

Back