• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Base for republics 175

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AND should have every pilot at RAH up in arms!!!!! I am, but i'm afraid there are too many aloof FOs too busy drooling over upgrades instead of lighting up torches!!!

I wouldn't be to sure. Most all of the FO's that have been hired in the last 18-20 months have come from other Airlines; a bunch of ACA and Skyway guys/girls. I think we are pretty dedicated to being up in arms and back the union. Company pulling this ******************** is wrong. I want to upgrade, but not at the expense of the rest of my brothers and sisters. ONE LOVE!

IND, PIT and DCA are all still Republic bases.
I'm pretty sure most of the 175's are going to PIT and DCA - but seeing as how it's all the same rating, I don't know why some wouldn't go to INDy too. My understanding is that the bases it goes to will be 170/175 bases. The pay is only increased when you actually fly a 175 as part of your pairing. Does anyone know how this would affect a Shuttle CA trying to bid over to the darkside? Will they still be stuck due to "same airplane" philosophy?

MTC guys are hearing CLT with Island flying coming. Anybody else just get Southern Latin America HI charts...Jepp Rev. 29???

Hmmmmm.

T8

You guys can have Philly if you want!

it is doubtful that any 175's will see DCA, either as a base or just passing through, due to the seat cap previously mentioned. The 170 gets to use commuter slots at DCA, the 175 would have to use mainline slots, and you can be sure that Airways would rather have a Bus on those precious runs than a 175. As for the recent bid announced as 170 positions instead 175 positions, well it sucks. But, I ask you this, how can the 175 be offered if it as no base yet. And how can a base be determined without any assigend flying from airways yet? Come November when Airways gives these new birds some planned flying, RP can then look at basing options, and then at least the company can decide if they want to offer a 175 bid. Without a base, it is just impossible to do.

Latest resources

Back