• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Base for republics 175

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There should be a base decided before they come on property! PERIOD!
This is a BS scam to keep our senior capts (that got screwed the first time) from bidding back to RPA where they should have been to start with.
The company had no problem making E135/E140 bases before the aircraft was on property. Decide on a base and open the bids!

I wouldn't be to sure. Most all of the FO's that have been hired in the last 18-20 months have come from other Airlines; a bunch of ACA and Skyway guys/girls. I think we are pretty dedicated to being up in arms and back the union. Company pulling this ******************** is wrong. I want to upgrade, but not at the expense of the rest of my brothers and sisters. ONE LOVE!

There have also been many TSA and Mesaba guys to come over recently. I wouldn't expect them to start chugging the comapny kool aid after all the bs they've already dealt with.

What about 2-yr seat lock? How can ANY current E170 Captain bid anything else till the end of the seatlock. And since the E170 hasn't been on property for 2 yrs... well.....

What about 2-yr seat lock? How can ANY current E170 Captain bid anything else till the end of the seatlock. And since the E170 hasn't been on property for 2 yrs... well.....

OMP,

It is my understanding that there's a loophole for that!! The seatlock language (as currently written) only distinguishes a lock between SMALL JETS (135/145/CRJ) and LARGE SMALL JETS (170/175/190) As written, it does not prohibit a transfer from one "large small jet" to another, as long as it involves a higher rate of pay. I think. Then again, I'm just a dumb copilot. :confused:

It is pointless for CHQ, RAH, ... whatever to assign domiciles for these A/C when they will just change them every few months anyways.

OMP,

It is my understanding that there's a loophole for that!! The seatlock language (as currently written) only distinguishes a lock between SMALL JETS (135/145/CRJ) and LARGE SMALL JETS (170/175/190) As written, it does not prohibit a transfer from one "large small jet" to another, as long as it involves a higher rate of pay. I think. Then again, I'm just a dumb copilot. :confused:

correct per the contract, but we all know how well respected that is by the company.

I wouldn't be to sure. Most all of the FO's that have been hired in the last 18-20 months have come from other Airlines; a bunch of ACA and Skyway guys/girls. I think we are pretty dedicated to being up in arms and back the union. Company pulling this ******************** is wrong. I want to upgrade, but not at the expense of the rest of my brothers and sisters. ONE LOVE!

I wouldn't be too sure about what you say either, a ton of those guys have been FOs for a long time and are ITCHING to get that left seat, big time.

Come November when Airways gives these new birds some planned flying, RP can then look at basing options, and then at least the company can decide if they want to offer a 175 bid. Without a base, it is just impossible to do.
SO November is when you will start flying for US? How about CO, when does that start?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back