Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Future SNA

KILL
If you had to choose, which one and why? Just curious, thanks in advance. BTW, I have enough time in the 208 to kill a small country, so "to get turbine time" is not a valid excuse for me right now, but PAY is? HELP!!

Future,

I had a friend that flew for Central Air Southwest. i know their pay starts at $1500 a month for the first 6 months and afterwards it depends on the run. He had no complaints and I guess they take care of their planes pretty well. It's a typical freight op. start out at whatever base they tell you and I think they have a lot of bases so be ready to move wherever.

I think most of the 208 operators from what I've heard are all going to pay better. Of course the question is how much multi-time do you have/want? I've got about 500 multi now and I really don't feel that's all that much these days. I would love to drive a van for a while but not until I had at least a 1000 multi.

Hope this helps a little,

Jeff

Thanks for the reply...

Your actually only the second person to really have anything to say to me about this. I actually had interview with both companies, have friends at both that gave me the "hook up" and unfortunately, it looks like I'm going to upset someone. I have right at 1000 Turbine from the Caravan, so I figure it's about time to go and get a nice chunk of multi. I actually ended up taking the Central job, so I'm pretty excited. Anyways, thanks for your insite.

sokay man...the experience flying to the north in that thing will far outweigh any van time you got before. have fun yo

That was probably the wise choice. By the way, my friend that flew there is now flying a Lear for WalMart!! Some guys have all the luck!! The Commander is a nice plane that hauls a heck of a load.

Good luck,

Jeff

Future SNA, did they tell you where your base is? I think they have 2 or 3 planes in Omaha.

supsup

Yeah, Omaha will be my base for now, up into St. Paul 4 nights a week. Anyone know anyone wanting a roommate in Omaha? I've got a 53" Widescreen, nough said?

I'm snuggled pretty tight into a one bedroom with my girlfriend, but I can shoot you some advice about where to stay in Omaha if you need. Pretty cheap, and lots to do if you look for it. Check out www.omaha.com or www.digitalcity.com/omaha/

Just brace yourself for the Cornhusker freaks. I just can't seem to adjust to that, no matter what.

PM me if you want more info.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help, I think I'm just going to crash my 4 days a week with one of the other pilots, and then do a little commuting OUT of Omaha come Friday morning, I went to K-State, so I'm about as anti-Nebraska as it comes!!

Latest resources

Back