• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Banishment?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Certainly FlyChicaga's Anna pics were no worse than anyone else's, and if someone had a problem - they should have brought it to him first. Regardless, I don't see a moderator burning a regular poster without some discussion before pulling the trigger. I'd bet it was a mistake.

I agree.

That sportsbra pic was probably a full page ad in the NY Times, the most politically sensitive rag on the stand.

One Moderator's Opinion

To answer alimaui's question, to get banned someone needs to either do something so aggregiously bad to warrant the quick kill shot, or make repeated posts that are vulgar, racist, or generally offensive. And yes, that "offensive" point is a subjective call on our part. To paraphrase the Supreme Court, "I know offensive when I see it..."

Most, if not all, offenders will receive a PM'd warning prior to being banned so they can clean up their acts.

I didn't ban FlyChicaga--the Anna pictures were fine with me. Don't know about the other Moderator's opinion.

Bring back Anna!

FlyChicaga said:
Well Anna brought friends, and the party just got too big... so the cops came. Now the party is over. Sorry. :p

Totally understand. Been there, done that. You just never know what those "friends" might bring to the party. How does that old saying go? " You've got to bring something to this party, boy.....if you party here." But then there is always someone who will police just what it is that they bring. When all she wants to do is dance.

Moderators don't have the authority to ban someone, only the webmaster does...

I do know a mass email was sent out to all moderators about the problem with the every increasing avatar issue...

I was under the impression PM's were going to be sent to request changes, but the problem may have gotten out of hand...

Glad FlyChicaga is back... but d@mn, he stole my plane!

FlyChicaga said:
Yeah, you totally lost me. :eek: ;)

Not sure if you are serious or not, what with the "eek" and the "wink". but just quoting some song lyrics about parties getting out of hand, ( in the eyes of some) when all it really is was a party.

As Eagleflip stated, you have to either do something REALLY bad once, or ignore repeated warnings to shape up in order to be banned.

Only the webmaster can ban someone.

The webmaster has asked all moderators to crack down on avatars that he deems "inappropriate".

I personally have no problem with Anna, but there are some others out there that are a little obcene. The webmaster himself has acted on quite a few, and only after he warned them to change it. I suspect this is what happened to FlyChicago.
The webmaster has said that he is asking posters to change their avatar voluntarily, and if they refuse, they will be banned until they do so.

Being banned for anything else involves being warned by a moderator for a violation of the forum rules, and then continuing to cause trouble. Then we would ask the webmaster to ban them. In my entire three years here as a moderator, I've only had to request about five people be banned, and all five were. These were individuals that were a chronic problem and blatantly refused to play nice after repeated warnings.

I rarely have to resort to that. If I have a problem with you, generally I will edit, delete, or close a post if necessary and send a PM explaining why, and that usually takes care of things. If this is met with resistance or future problems, then I will refer it to the webmaster.

Contrary to popular opinion (among some Delta pilots in particular), I have NEVER, EVER censored nor banned anyone for disagreeing with me on something I have said here. I understand that if I choose to voice my opinion on a topic, I am subject to debate just like anyone else.
I have acted on personal attacks, particularly those aimed at me. Personal attacks are my hot button issue.
The bottom line is that as long as you play nice and keep it clean, I don't have a problem with anything said here.

If4f,

Latest resources

Back