• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Baltia Airlines ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes Kalitta was doing the training, but my understanding is Baltia had to put together a training program and then Kalitta used that program to do the training. The Feds were unhappy with the program that was put together partially because the person at Kalitta who was responsible for turning the training program into reality went to the Feds and said it was so screwed up he was not going to sign anyone off.

Again second hand info, but fairly reliable.

I'm clueless on how the training certification works, but why can't Baltia pay Kalitta to "develop" a 747 training program (read: cut and paste theirs) and get the FAA to sign off on it?

I suppose they could, i dont really know how these things work either, but it appears they did not and thus the problem. I am guessing they will try again in a few months.

There's no way the FAA would have sent the Baltia training program to Kalitta to teach if they hadn't signed off on it already. That's not the way it works. As for "cutting and pasting" one program for another I'm not sure that would work, either. When RW was getting off the ground they attempted to do basically that from the CQ program and the feds nixed that. That was one reason they were so delayed in their start up.

But...you're still in the "pool" so you've got that goin' for ya. :D

Well, now, let's no jump to conclusions. I was never officially notified of being in their pool.

Latest resources

Back