Backlash from "Fuel Conservation" cancellations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
SkyWest pilots started this bad trend with the signing of the 99 seats for 50 seat pay deal. Then Jetblue assigned their pilots a krappy wage on their future 100 seater. Now a judge may do the same with us. There is a big difference with those scenarios.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Let's see what kind of "krappy" pay DALPO gets you for Delta's RJs. Bet it will be lower than SkyWest or Jetblue. I don't think the word may is in the judge's vocabulary. Insert impose where you think may might work. But hey, at least you'll be more productive with a lower seat rate.

Bye Bye,

NTS ALL 4 said:
Let's see what kind of "krappy" pay DALPO gets you for Delta's RJs. Bet it will be lower than SkyWest or Jetblue. I don't think the word may is in the judge's vocabulary. Insert impose where you think may might work. But hey, at least you'll be more productive with a lower seat rate.

Bye Bye,

You really don't know what is going on over in court, do you? If you knew how the judge was treating Delta and it's lawyers, you would think differently. But, instead, you make remarks that show your ignorance. Dalpa has already looked at the current E190 rates at USAir, and they are higher than Jetblue's and anything SkyWest has. Word on the 4th floor is that the 100 seat rates and sick time proposals are just that, proposals---to use up some negotiating capital. They will be worked out. And rumor again has it that the "RJ" may be a 737-600, with 100 seats. Who knows? You don't. Go do some assault landings and get your frustrations out.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
klhoard said:
Should have called FedEx. . . . We do it all the time for boxes. . . .

Ah, FedEX. Drives me nuts to think about them. I was hired by FedEx the same month I was hired by Delta. If there was one decision in my life I could go back and change that would be the one.

This reminds me of a captain at ASA (Robin E) that flew for the old PBA in the eighties down in Key West and up in Mass.

He was qualified in the Cessna 402, the Bandierante, the DC-3 and maybe something else. Never knew what he was going to fly until they pulled it out of the hangar. All based on loads, of course.

By the way - isn't it a requirement of a 121 certificate that you provide reliable service? ASA got spanked for this years ago - Macon was the maintenance hub, and flights were often cancelled there when aircraft weren't ready.

Huck:

It is worse today. Delta randomly pulled one or two flights per day out of major markets without telling anyone. We have been watching them drop like flies on travelnet. No notice what so ever. Words escape me. What do you call it when Delta sells you a ticket with a contract attached, but then randomly decides to cancel your flight out from under you? The rules apply to the passengers, but not to the airline?

Sure, Delta is desperate - but if things are this bad they need to just pull the plug on the thing. Passengers are getting the message - stay away from "unreliable" Delta. Pan Am and Eastern never even pulled this crap on their customers.

This sends the message that Delta is falling apart at the seams. Passengers think, "if the schedules are like this, I wonder what the maintenance is like."

Unless this program stops, Delta will be Chapter 7. Ron Allen made Delta passengers stop pulling for "their" airline with his draconian programs. Delta never overcame the programs he and McKenzie and Company implemented. This is much worse because Delta is selling a product, then randomly refusing to deliver. Delta has figured out a bold new way to take advantage of bankruptcy law to screw the average consumer.

Last edited:
~~~^~~~ said:
Huck:

It is worse today. Delta randomly pulled one or two flights per day out of major markets without telling anyone. We have been watching them drop like flies on travelnet. No notice what so ever. Words escape me. What do you call it when Delta sells you a ticket with a contract attached, but then randomly decides to cancel your flight out from under you? The rules apply to the passengers, but not to the airline?

Sure, Delta is desperate - but if things are this bad they need to just pull the plug on the thing. Passengers are getting the message - stay away from "unreliable" Delta. Pan Am and Eastern never even pulled this crap on their customers.

This sends the message that Delta is falling apart at the seams. Passengers think, "if the schedules are like this, I wonder what the maintenance is like."

Unless this program stops, Delta will be Chapter 7. Ron Allen made Delta passengers stop pulling for "their" airline with his draconian programs. Delta never overcame the programs he and McKenzie and Company implemented. This is much worse because Delta is selling a product, then randomly refusing to deliver. Delta has figured out a bold new way to take advantage of bankruptcy law to screw the average consumer.

Fins,

You are going way overboard here. This is NOT a common occurance. You need to relax. Really bud, easy now, ya hear?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Month to date DAL is still running better than a 99% completion rate. Hardly unreliable. Atlanta's Slowest Airline is the worst in completion and on time, and they aren't selectively thinning for fuel issues, that is just normal ops. The FAA isn't on them, all though they were several years ago.

DAL is hit by the hurricanes and the lack of oil refining. More so than anyone. I believe they are being responsible. Better a few low load mid week flights canceled than large amounts of Fri and Sunday traffic gone.

This is not a big deal, just a slow news day.

Last edited:
delta

what a piece of crap company

douched their employees...lower pay, furloughed, broken retirement promises and so on and so on and so on

their unreliable schedule

their arrogant attitude

how could anyone with a brain actually defend their actions

they screw their employees and the customers they are supposed to be serving and we are reading some bozo who is taking it up the kazoo from them tell us about his sunny day...clueless

Cyclone said:
what a piece of crap company

douched their employees...lower pay, furloughed, broken retirement promises and so on and so on and so on

their unreliable schedule

their arrogant attitude

how could anyone with a brain actually defend their actions

they screw their employees and the customers they are supposed to be serving and we are reading some bozo who is taking it up the kazoo from them tell us about his sunny day...clueless

Who do you fly for chief? It must be paradise where you fly.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
"Delta is not failing to plan, and we are certainly not planning to fail," -DL CFO

good luck with the plan

having a plan doesn't guarantee success...in the recent past their plans have been abysmal...but they had a plan...and now they are in BK...hiding behind the judge's cloak...putting the screws to employees, customers, and investors alike...but they have a plan

i know we'll paint all of our airplanes white and green and call it another name...and spend gazzillion of dollars on marketing and up-front costs on this scheme...and then we'll still lose more money than we ever lost before and we'll dive into BK protection and so we don't have to pay all of the money we pissed away on our new plan...let's do it. what a great company.

as far as you know i fly for commutair...or maybe not...noyfb anyway.

Latest resources

Back