• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bachelor food

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
and BEER!!!! As Mr. Bill would say "OH NO!" I guess it's time to put on the showshoes and hike an hour and a half down the hill to the store.

Typhoon1244 said:
I knew a guy in the Army who heated-up old pizza with an iron. "Heavy starch or medium?" :eek:

Used to make "grilled" cheese sandwiches the same way. Anybody else ever heat lunch in the tailpipe after shutting down in the holding area?

I know a guy who joined the Reserves just for the MREs. Beef Patty (Dehydrated) and Top Ramen! Mmm, mmm, mmm!

Ground beef mixed with cream of mushroom soup over rice, noodles, mashed potatoes, etc. Fills you up and you can make a pound of ground beast go forever!

Ah, grad school food... won't touch it now!

Back in the CFI days I would also bartended, so you could get the employee discount--- ring somethin up, set it to the side promo it if you were able, eat it, or just claim the person left. etc etc.

Kroger deli, about closing time if there is food left over that was going to be trashed sometimes it would be up for a buck or two.

Keystone was purchased with the extra $$$

Albertsons Meat Department 30 minutes before close... all the hamburger you wanted for a buck or two. Sometimes there were other meats, too.
Kraft Mac & Cheese (w/water n butter, milk if on special) 6/$1 specials
Bag of Lettuce 2/$1
Noodles 4 boxes for $1 or 2/1 specials
All sorts of soups on special
All sorts of coffee on special, store brand dry milk for the creamer, store brand for the sugar.

Make a pot of potato soup/burger/noodles for $2, eat some freeze the rest.

Split the lettuce into those ziploc bowls, throw in some other stuff, baggie the dry goods and dressing. Instant chef salad. The dressing is currently 49 cents a bottle at Big Lots (CA Chain). Big Lots is sometimes fresher than Food For Less.

Buy a 12 pack of water bottles, keep 2 in the flight bag, exchange at end of day, refill from the tap (if you're low on minerals), or the FBO's water service.

Silverware/plates/dishes at the Big Lots or 99 Cent store
Linens, towels, bedding, etc... at the Big Lots or equivalent... There's a neat little store in Pacomia, CA that has the 300 thread count sheet sets for $14, instead of $100... Towels were $3 each for the large ones.
baking soda and vinegar in the big containers for cleaners and laundry detergent... plus a bottle of bleach for the pilot shirts/uniform whites...

Now it's no longer not having money to make meals, it's the time!

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

Cheap eats

I got the best cheap eats in town it's only 2 bucks.
You gotta go to Wendy's and buy a Sour cream n' chives baked potato and a small chili w/ cheese. Pour the chili over the potato and you will have yourself a true Mexican fiesta.

When I was a poor starving college student, i used to buy a 10 pack of hotdogs for $.69 (seemed like a good idea at the time).

When I would get my paycheck, I would go crazy and buy a package of mini chicken fingers and a couple cans of dinner rolls (the ones that go "POP" when you open the cans) I would then proceed to eat a couple dozen mini chicken sandwiches over the course of an evening (oh, those were the days).

Now that I am still poor but more health conscious, I try to add a few more fruits and veggies into my diet.

Buy a dozen eggs and hard boil them. Quick, filling snack.

Red Beans and Rice package - 2 full meals for $1.50

Chicken Pot Pies -- don't do Banquet, do Swanson

Get a 6-pack of Zone Bars -- fill you up and good for you -- $5

Loaf of Bread, cans of tuna, mayo and relish. Buy the relish and mayo once, and you have lots and lots of tuna fish sandwiches, and you can dice up a hard boiled egg with some seasoning salt and mayo for an egg salad sandwich.

buy the 99 cent big grab of dorritos at the 7-11 or circle k. go over to the hotdog garnish area and fill the bag with the chili dog chili, nacho cheese, tomatos,lettuce and salsa. its just like taco bell but 99 cents. ( can you tell im a cfi )

Latest resources

Back